It just keeps adding up

Today as I was making Jordan his breakfast and putting his enzymes in his water I thought about all the supplements I had given him at that point. It was only 10:00 and he had a total of 4 different medications already. By 11:00 he had received 7. You see he has a quite a few things that has to be consumed in the AM including a new one prescribed at his last visit on April 6th. One of them he was already taking, but it has been doubled. The system that I worked out is great as long as he's up in a decent amount of time to eat breakfast. Can't have him laying in bed until 10:30 and trying to get everything done in a timely manner. Today is the first day of this new regimen and so far so good.

At the last follow up just a few days ago Jordan was still having allergies symptoms. The most he has is a runny nose so he's always sniffling. But because this have been going on for weeks, the doctor felt like we need to hit it a little harder. So we started giving him twice the amount of Quercetin he takes, one in the morning and one in the afternoon when he comes home from school. The Quercetin helps with inflammatory health problems such as allergies. He now gets 500 mg twice a day. Jordan has been taking this for some time and only this year has his allergy symptoms endured this long. The next supplement that was added was D Hist Jr. It is a chewable wafer that has a blend of ingredients, including Quercetin, that helps children with seasonal challenges. It also contains stinging nettles leaf which will balance out hyperimmune response. It is important to have the immune response balanced because if it is thrown off it can fail to protect the body and may even attack it because it mistakes some cells for unknown pathogens, which can result in allergies. He also now takes Candida Plus, and that has to be on an empty stomach. Jordan is still showing signs of having yeast overgrowth because his tinea versicolor returned and the skin around his feet is peeling. This medicine can help with it because it consists of the enzyme cellulase. Many people with yeast overgrowth have large amounts of undigested fiber in their large intestine. The body naturally produces mucous due to difficulty digesting the fiber and that mucous protects candida from the overgrowth prevention mechanisms. Cellulase is also the only digestive enzyme our body doesn't produce.

It still amazes me how much I learn about our bodies, how they operate, and how delicate Jordan's system is because it can't do what it is supposed to do naturally. It saddens me at times because he has to take 21 different supplements daily just to get it to function the right way. A lot of what I learn about each supplement we add to his diet kind of makes me understand why his behaviors are the way they are. Firstly his yeast overgrowth is not allowing his body to digest fiber, which is something I learned he needed to keep him calm. But couldn't find the right dosage that wouldn't interfere with him receiving the minerals his body needed. Also with the body assuming some of the things it comes into contact with is foreign, it treats it as such, and then it starts to attack itself. Which can also affect his behaviors because things are thrown off internally. But there is another issue I have to keep an eye on as well. Thursday, the day after his appointment, Jordan had a better day at school. However on Friday he was the total opposite. I noticed the only thing that changed from Thursday to Friday was the fact that he had french fries for lunch. He hasn't had them for a while because the stores never had them in stock. Part of me wonders if his diet is the problem. That maybe starch is an issue for him, or that the potato also contains a protein that the body does not recognize. Luckily I only bought him one bag and I plan to stay away from them until further notice.

Even though adding a new supplement every two months can be stressful both mentally and financially, I am excited about them all. Every one of them can do something to help Jordans body improve in a way that can benefit him. I look forward to giving him, each day, the things that help his body function the way it was intended for it to. My life isn't about me. This journey isn't about me. This treatment is not about me. It is about God. This is what God told me to do. Exodus 15:26 "and said, "if you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do all that is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you."" Allowing Jordan to go on with life eating foods he has sensitivities to, like gluten and soy are not healthy. Giving him foods and he can't properly digest them without the aid of an enzyme because he doesn't produce any on his own causes bowel issues. For Jordan not to receive a probiotic would allow toxins to enter his body unnecessarily if he has "leaky gut". To not address an overgrowth of yeast in his body would allow for fungus to take over his body and do more harm. I believe he will be restored because it's in God's word. But that's not why I go through such lengths to keep him on a strict gluten free diet. Why all the foods I give him need to be organic and free of artificial anything. Why I continue to give him so many supplements daily. No. Everything I do for Jordan I do for him to be healthy. We should all strive to be so. Jordan's body is his temple just as our bodies are our temples. Jordan's Autism doesn't give his body the ability to function properly. Therefore I do what's necessary so it can.


Popular Posts