Getting there

Jordan's birthday was a success. He had a personal gluten-free pizza and a couple of pieces of cake that was not gluten-free. That night he took a little longer to go to sleep, which is typical for him when he has something that does not agree with his system. Not sure about his tics after eating, though. He either had a slight increase, or it was about the same. Either way, I see it as a huge gain.

Since concluding that he just could not absorb what he was taking properly, I believed that he had malabsorption or celiac disease. So that is what I put my all into several months ago. I removed gluten once more since it can cause irritation to his gut and researched, again, how to repair a leaky gut. I found the amino acid l-glutamine has restorative properties for the gut lining and gastrointestinal tract. I believed nothing I could do would help him until it was in better shape. After all, the gut is where the immune system starts, and we need it to be in the right shape for our overall health.

After realizing that he was sneaking foods with no real ill-effects, I started to see just how well the l-glutamine and IgG powder was helping to restore his gut. So now was the time to start focusing on the tic issue. While I am not sure if what he has developed over the years is considered Tourette's syndrome, I found that the tics and Tourette's have the same thing in common. They can happen when a person is deficient in magnesium. Magnesium is needed by the body to maintain healthy nerve and muscle function. It also supports a healthy immune system and helps bones to remain strong. You can become deficient in this mineral if you consume too much alcohol, poor eating, a low-magnesium diet, or having gastrointestinal disorders like Crohn's or celiac disease, which is what I believe he has. A body low in magnesium can affect your bone density, brain, nerve and muscle function, and the digestive system. 

I decided to put him on a magnesium supplement and rub magnesium lotion onto his skin. Through the skin is the best way to absorb it because it is hard to increase through diet. Research showed me magnesium deficiency is not easily tested for, and you really have to go by the symptoms you have. I also saw where you need to be sufficient in B6 because it helps take the magnesium to the cells where it is needed. I am not sure of his B6 levels, but so far, giving him the magnesium supplement and lotion has helped a lot. I have learned that it may take months to increase magnesium orally and weeks by the skin. I have been doing both without the use of Dr. Sebi's products, and his tics have decrease just enough to notice the supplements are working.

It was hard to find a Dr. Sebi product that could help us. Many of them I found were helpful, but only if your gut was intact and you could absorb them, and your body utilize it right. His body was not, and I could not get answers from his office to help me. My only advice was to use faithfully and give it time. Personally, I don't believe that continuing to ingest something your body is not using right will help you in any way. Therefore, I discontinued use. I may revisit I may not. I still have concerns about his iron levels that one of his products can help, but I am only going to focus on two things at a time, which right now is his gut and his magnesium levels. 

It has taken me a while to get where we are today. To see such improvements by being patient and waiting to hear from God what I should attempt with Jordan instead of from practitioners or holistic doctors is uplifting. But it is not easy to do things this way. To stop taking the advice of those who are more qualified than me about what I should be giving my son is gut-wrenching. To be totally reliant on God and what He wants, but waiting for Him to tell you in His time, or worse, not listening to Him, is frightening. However, it has been the only way I have seen significant gains. I learned how certain things found in food can contribute to his behaviors from fasting. Praying showed me to consult Him before making any decisions about what I give Jordan and led me to put him on a vegan diet, which further improved his behaviors. And now asking Him to show me the issues Jordan may be facing and which supplements would be best to resolve them has gotten us to where his gut is being restored and properly absorbing what he needs, slowly reducing his tics. Makes Jeremiah 17:5-7 all the more relatable. 

5 This is what the Lord says: "Cursed is the one who trusts in man who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the Lord6 That person will be like a bush in the wastelands; they will not see prosperity when it comes. They will dwell in the parched places of the desert, in a salt land where no one lives. 7 "But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lordwhose confidence is in him.



Comments

  1. AWESOME BLOG.ONCE AGAIN ! ALWAYS ENJOY !!
    A BLESSING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing blog entry! You are so resourceful and truly guided by the Lord to help your child. You are a blessing on his life ����❤️!! God is using you for His glory and your son will be His testimony of how great our God is ����!! Keep up the amazing work mom ❤️����!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tuesday!!! I try my best to listen to Him and show others how amazing He is. Thank you for letting me know someone sees. Love you!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts