Day 26 - Patience

This is much needed when caring for a child with Autism.

I'm not sure if you know, but I am not to happy with Jordan's current school. I just don't want the fight. And that is mainly because my belief is he won't be in his situation much longer.

But yesterday his bus rode right past me and only slowed down because I came out the house. They never stopped. I thought it might have been an oversight. Sometimes I drive past my destination too. I figured they would go down the street and turn around.

But when I heard the bus still in the neighborhood and it never came back to me, I got a little worried.

I waited and waited and thought maybe they forgot my child at school. Naa that couldn't be. My next thought was they went on with their route and would bring him back after. Didn't make sense but I'm not in the minds of others.

After about 20 minutes I decided I needed to call the school to get the bus lots number. Just in case they forgot they needed to bring Jordan back. The last thing I needed was him being left on a bus somewhere. I had to catch it early.

I got the number.

However the school said they showed up late, which is bull because they were in front of my house on time. I called the lot who was trying to locate the route, and shortly thereafter I heard his bus coming up the street.

Talk about relief.

The aide informs me the school usually sends Jordan out with another kid and when he doesn't then they know he's not there. They had to go back and get my baby.

I don't fault the driver or aide at all. The school is the problem. Just like in the beginning of the year they didn't have Jordan in their system correctly, didn't know what class he was in, and were trying to tell me someone didn't follow proper procedure.

There are so many people who work with special needs children and no matter how wrong they may be, you have to be calm with them and treat them with respect because they have access to your child. Not to mention it's how you should handle these kinds of situations. My patience should be at an all time high now.

 Proverbs 14:29 (NIV)
"Whoever is patient has
great understanding,
but one who is
quick-tempered displays
folly."

Popular Posts