Day 1 - Pregnancy

Today is the first day of Autism Awareness month and while I try to give you as much insight as I can whenever possible, I thought starting today I would share something small each day summing up what got me here.


During my pregnancy with Jordan I was living in a basement riddled with mold. I sprayed the walls of my closet with bleach but there was more within the walls. There were nights where sometimes I felt like I couldn't breathe and I would sleep in the living room area.

Not only was the breathing an issue, but I also became allergic to things when I never had a problem with anything before. I could not tolerate dairy and when I would go outside the pollen would make my eyes red and my nose run.

I believe this was the very beginning of Autism for me.

But I was so happy I was finally getting the son that I wanted, I didn't think about the seriousness of this and how it would affect my unborn child.

My husband does admit he wished he would have taken me a little more serious, as do I, but we don't fault ourselves for the outcome that occurred. I actually look upon it as somewhat of a blessing.

However, carrying Jordan was the hardest pregnancy of my life but I knew it would only be short lived due to the fact that my son wasn't going to live in me forever. And once he was born, I had no idea what was in store for me.

Stay tuned....


Jeremiah 1:5
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations."

Popular Posts