Day 22 - Fear

2 Timothy 1:7
"For God has not given us a
spirit of fear, but of
power and love and of 
a sound mind."

God did not create us to have a spirit of fear. He created us in His likeness and there was no fear in Him.

Being a parent it is not easy to disregard fear, let along having a nonverbal, special needs child.

I have 4 typical children and 1 disabled child.

I worry about them all daily, but when Jordan goes away on a bus and is around multiple people daily, it's not hard to get distracted by the what ifs.

What if they hurt him? He can't tell me.

What if they talk mean to him? He can't tell me.

What if they ignore his needs? He can't tell me.

I drive Jordan to school every day because of a misunderstanding between his former bus driver and I that didn't turn out well despite my attempts to apologize for possibly not being clear enough.

I worry about his future at times.

Will he always be nonverbal? Will he live with us until we pass? Who will take care of him?

These are things that a lot of special needs parents worry about.

Because we aren't perfect. No one is.


1 John 4:18
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear,
because fear involves torment.
But he who fears has not been made perfect in love."
                                                       

Popular Posts