Day 10 - Friends

Sometimes it pays to have them.

For my what I think was my 31st birthday I had a cookout at my grandmother's. Two of my best friends from elementary school came through.

It was great to see them, but God had more in store than just catching up.

When I revealed to them that Jordan was diagnosed with Autism not to long ago, JJ told me one of her co-workers had a son with it as well. I had met her once before.

I told her to tell her to give me a call. Thinking if she ever needed someone to watch him, I would be there to assist.

But she became more than I ever thought. Because of her I stopped becoming an enabler when it came to Jordan and what he could do.

But the best thing about her was she was so proactive with Autism I couldn't help but follow.

And she referred me to a DAN! doctor that I still see to this day.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
9"Two are better than one, 
Because they have a good reward for their labor.
10 For if they fall, one will life up is companion.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls, 
For he has no one to help him up."

Popular Posts