Day 9 - Bond

Even though Jordan was a child with a unique ability he was still my baby boy. And a true mama's boy.

Over time we grew closer and closer because I was the only person who understood his needs without reservation and with no problems.

He needed me.

Only I knew when he was hungry, or paid attention to when he hadn't eaten. Because most of our kids would go and get food or ask to eat, Jordan got left out sometimes because he didn't know what, how and when to say.

Mommy was also his comfort to sleep.

Whenever he was ready for bed, he came and laid right next to me faithfully every night. Probably up until the age of 10.

Most people don't understand what having a child with special needs entail.

And that's fine.

But honestly they are missing out. One thing I always say, it's great to have a typical child that loves you. But to have a child with a special need love you, there is no greater joy because they AREN'T typical.


Colossians 3:14
"But above all these things
put on love, 
which is the bond of perfection."

Popular Posts