Day 5 - Unknown

For two years Jordan continued to stim and have no speech. And there was not much I did about it.

When explaining to his doctor my concerns she suggested to have his hearing checked. But while in her office and my phone rang, Jordan looked towards its direction. Her reaction was only "Well he can hear."

That day I looked for a new pediatrician.

I found another one within the same practice and when I told her his issues she referred me to the Infant's and Toddler's program in Maryland. From there I met with a social worker that got him into an early education center.

Jordan was doing well there.

They were teaching him to use PCS (picture communication symbols), how to count, and how to write his name. He was progressing quite well.

However the school needed a diagnosis to properly place him within the school where he would get the best benefit.

I pretty much already knew but to find out, that's a different story.

Romans 12;2
"And do not be conformed to this world, 
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind,
that you may prove what is that good
and acceptable and perfect will of God."

Popular Posts