Don't let fear stop you


It's now 2:42 in the morning. I should be fast asleep but for some reason I got on my phone when I laid down. It started with my daughter texting me about living off campus next semester. From there I logged into Facebook to see my cousins remarks about the book I am reading for the month and if he thought it was a good one. Turns out he knows nothing about it and has to look it up. From there I just continued to scroll down my time line until I came across a post by Praise 104.1. I normally wouldn't click on a link that said parents explain their daughters last Facebook post after accident. But I did.


This story was about a 19 year old girl whose last post before her fatal accident was "I know God is real." I scrolled down more to read some of the comments people had to say to this young lady who lost her life suddenly by losing control of her car and hitting a tree. She also wasn't wearing her seat belt. A lot of people made statements like she knew it was her time or she felt like it was near because of her post. Those things said made me wonder, will I have a sense of when I'm going to pass when it's closer to my time? Her last post has led many to reach out to her family and ask what can they do to be saved. I'm glad she is saving people in her absence from the world because yes, we all know God is real.


However after leaving the article, another one that I passed prior to it now stood out after I passed it again. That being an article about hot dogs. The caption, "Buckle up." Ironic right. So at 2:30 in the morning I'm laying in the bed wondering if I should drive my mother's little car to Jordan's doctor's appointment because we still haven't gotten our truck fixed yet. I'm thinking these are signs we shouldn't be going. I was worried about me and my son's well being because her car compared to what I am used to driving takes its toll on me everytime I jump in it. It was then that the term God-fearing made a lot of sense. But then it came back to me, "God is real."


I know my purpose. The purpose He has for my life. Which is helping the disabled community in every way I possibly can. Whether it is teaching them about His goodness in Sunday school and bible study or providing support for them at respite so their parents can get a much needed break. Also to open and operate a daycare for children with special needs and their siblings. And lastly to restore my son and LIVE to share my testimony. So why worry about something that may or may not happen? Because that's what the devil does. He will try to use Gods word against you to deceive you. But I know God has me and my family protected on every side so I shall not fear. Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. " Thank you Sierra Jones for your last post. RIP. Signing off....3:36am.




Popular Posts