Day 7 - Beginning

I now had to officially adjust to life having a child with a disability.

It was completely different when I thought Autism is what he had. But knowing for sure gave everything a whole new meaning.

I almost felt like I had to learn to be a parent all over again. All over but on a entirely different, more difficult level.

This is not what I signed up for.

However even though he may not do things traditionally, like the way he plays and the things he laughs at, it makes HIM all the more better.

Being a parent to a special needs child isn't easy, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I love his little quirks, his language, and mostly his smile. Some kids with Autism don't. Most important..

I loved being his mom.

1 Corinthians 13:4 (NIV)
"Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud."

Popular Posts