Day 21 - Controversy

There is a lot of controversy when it comes to the topic of Autism.

Which is why parents of these children try to bring so much awareness to the rest of the population. The more you know, the more you know what not to do.

We are a unique kind.

So unique that sometimes we bump heads with one another as well. Some parents like to refer to their child as autistic while some say my child has Autism. Some believe that the MMR vaccine played a role in their child's regression while the others don't.

Just like their children, every parent that has a child with special needs is different.

I don't care about Autism vs. autistic, but I have a problem with the "r" word or referring to someone to have ridden the "short bus". Like those are bad things.

I agree the MMR shot pushed Jordan over the edge, but because of the environment Jordan was in prior, there might have been a little problem anyway. I don't care about the looks and stares that Jordan may get, but he doesn't get any so maybe that's why.

I don't know how I would feel if someone said Jordan didn't "look" autistic. I've never had anyone say that to me. I do think it's an ignorant thing to say though.

And to the parents who feel the need to say we need to just discipline our children or give us tips AND you don't even have a child with Autism, I have one thing to say to you. DON'T. Have a blessed day.
Proverbs 17:28
"Even a fool is counted wise
when he holds his peace;
When he shuts his lips,
he is considered perseptive."

Popular Posts