Day 20 - Marriage

There was a concern a while ago that marriages that have a child with special needs involved had a higher chance of failing.

That was disproven.

But I do know something about marriage and a little about Autism. And if you are not on the same page with your spouse about the diagnosis, treatment and discipline it's just another thing to argue about.

I believe my husband was in denial at first. And every time I saw the sonogram showed a girl I felt I had to try again because honestly, I never wanted girls. I ended up with 4 (all whom I love with all my heart).

I do have a stepson, but Jordan was my first boy. However, what happened with him was not what I anticipated when I was looking to have my son.

But man am I happy with what God gave me.

Anyway, I know this road hasn't been easy for my husband, but he has been there from day 1.

Supporting the things I want to do as far as Jordan, helping me be a parent, giving me ideas and researching for me. He gives Jordan his many supplements when I am not at home. He funds his treatment and supplements because I stay at home.

He is awesome, amazing, loving, kind, upbeat and he is mine.

I do believe it would be silly to say that some marriages that have a child with specials needs don't fail because of it.

But I'm thankful to God that He destined me and my husband to be together. So in a time where some are failing, we are stronger than ever. I love you Big Don!!!

 Colossians 3:18-19
18 "Wives, submit to your own 
husbands, as is fitting
in the Lord.
19 Husbands love your 
wives and do not
be bitter toward them."

Popular Posts