Confirmation from God




Why do we have doctors? To diagnose our ailments when we describe to them the issues we are having. To prescribe us the proper medicines to cure it. Now, why does it seem like when Jordan is having an issue, I'm always the person to figure out and fix his problems?

From the beginning when the spasms Jordan had come about, my first thought was dehydration from the fiber. I tried to give him more water when taking it and when giving him the other supplements to keep his body in proper working condition, but he was just getting way too much fiber than he was supposed to be. I went all around the marbury bush trying to find out where they were coming from because after I discontinued the fiber, the problem still existed. But never did I give up. I kept praying to God to help me figure out what was causing this reaction. The problem with why I wasn't hearing anything is because He had already answered it, I just continued to look elsewhere because I didn't fix the issue. I didn't know how severely damaged his body was from the fiber, then I had the nerve to add it again. So He used those same spasms at a higher capacity to show me what I was missing. 

A little while after I started Jordan on the fiber, he would constantly go after other people's, and even open his own water bottles. Never did I look into that being a warning. Well I won't say never, but I did not take it seriously. I just thought he wanted a water bottle because everyone else in the house was drinking them. I told him any time he wanted water he could just go to the water dispenser from the refrigerator and get some in his glass for the day. I'm sure he did, but he still opened plenty of bottles and left them open on the table and it still wasn't enough. When the spasms started to occur, yet another sign. Again I thought dehydration. I stopped the fiber but didn't replenish what was lost. After adding the fiber for a few days during the week he started to jerk uncontrollably even though I did not give it to him over the weekend. And I believe that was God grabbing for my attention. Putting me up against the wall to see that there is an issue that I need to address. Sending him to the ER didn't help, but going to the doctor where she can give an order for blood work did. The day after visiting his pediatrician we went to have the blood drawn. When the technician kept looking and looking for his veins and found one but mentioned it was small, I knew right then and there. I asked her just for affirmation, if that was a sign of dehydration. She said it could be. That's all I needed. Everything leading up to that point was saying dehydration and that confirmed it. 

Sometimes God delays what we are asking for because we are not yet ready or prepared to handle what the outcome may be. Other times He answers us, but we refuse to listen. When Jordan started with the spasms I almost ignored them because I thought they were hiccups. Then when they happened so often and sounded odd, I payed attention. I looked into what may be the issue and removed it, but never took the steps to repair the damage. God had to push me, or my son rather, to the point that I didn't have a choice but to listen to Him. He made me take a more serious approach to what I was doing to get the answer He was trying to give me all along. And not only did it give me more discernment, it also taught me a lesson. There are times we will do things in life, things that are not of God, that will require us to evaluate the situation and remove it from our lives. But removing it isn't enough. Sometimes we have to repair what was broken to get things back on track. Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Apologizing can be a form of trying to repair. When we sin we must take notice, pray that God help us with our crutches, but also ask Him for forgiveness for what it is we have done. That way He knows we are sorry and can work on repairing the relationship. Just like you would stop doing something to hurt a loved one, you would also do what you can to try and repair the hurt. We also must find out what to do and apply it to fix the damage when harm is done to our bodies.

In a way I'm glad I went through this process. It did give me an opportunity to learn more things through research. Information I found out about corn and their intolerances. Also that if I do need to give Jordan the fiber again, at a smaller dose of course, that he needs to take away from supplements because of it's ability to reduce their functions. I have probably learned something that I am going to need to know moving forward in this process and for that I am thankful. God is always one step ahead and I can go on knowing that when something bad is happening, something good is going to come from it. God confirmed it!

Popular Posts