The good and the bad


Yesterday was Jordan's hearing test at Children's Hospital Outpatient Center and the start of the second round of chelation since his last DAN! doctor visit. So far everything has been perfect.

The hearing test went as I expected. She put cameras in his ears to take pictures and also sensors to make sure his eardrums were responding the way that they should. He did really great with it and he passed everything. But when it came to putting on the headphones to repeat what she would say through them, he became giggly and would not pay attention. I don't know if it had something to do with the headphones or if he just wanted to be difficult. Either way she said because of the prior results she has no reason to believe he has any problems hearing even though he wouldn't respond to the last test. So now I have to work on getting his vision checked which I believe they do at that location too, which  isn't far from me at all.

They also have speech therapy. So I got the information that I needed, which is a number to make an appointment to get an evaluation and go from there. I will make the necessary appointment on Monday or Tuesday. I'm hoping all goes well and we can get him in there soon. He hasn't had speech therapy in a while, and even though somehow I feel it doesn't play a significant role because what good is speech therapy if he is non-verbal, there are some things I just won't get and rather him have it and not need it than need it and not have it.


Chelation is going as is should. Jordan is still doing well with the increased dosage. And so is his OCD. It's so many things he feels he has to do and I'm trying to break him out of every last one of them and it's not easy. Last night after dinner he wanted to rinse his plate, his fork, his container for ketchup and he cup. He wants to turn the water on and off and on and off, mainly because he likes to hear the water go down the drain. Our water bill is already ridiculous so I try to catch him when I can. I wouldn't allow him to do it and he cried and had to sit with dad for a while to try and calm down, because he was going to break my arm trying to get me out of my seat to go back into the kitchen. And now when ever he goes into the bathroom he has to close the door completely and lock it. One of the bathroom doors upstairs has a rack on it so it's hard to close for him and he calls me out of bed to help him. That can be really annoying, but being as though it was like 7 in the morning, I had no choice or he would keep yelling for me and cause a seen to wake everybody up. Me being the one who has to deal with all the quirks he has, just wants to let him do them because only parents who deal with their autistics all day like me know what it's really like to try and calm them down after you've broken their routine. But dad says it's a habit that can be broken, I must try to comply with him instead of just letting him grow out of it like I know he has before. But it is was it is. I know I can handle it, I just don't know if it's worth the fight with him. I hope it goes away soon.

Popular Posts