5 more days

In less than a week it will be time for the kids to head back to school. It's bittersweet for me because of course you want your kids to get a good education, but it's always more fun for me if the kids stay home. This summer was a little different though. I did vacation away from the kids because me and my husband needed some time away, but they were more confined to their rooms more so than they usually are in the summer.

Jordan just got out of ESY two weeks ago and here I am preparing him to go back. It seems like he never really has a vacation. But I am a little excited about him going back. The school can give me the input I need as far as his learning and the differences they notice in him as well. It gives me proof that some of what I am doing is working because sometimes I can't really tell if I want to see improvements so I am making myself see them, or if they are really happening. Also being around him all the time like I am sometimes it's hard to see things and it takes others that see him sparingly to notice. I'm hoping with his lead continuing to decrease and adding the iron will make a huge difference in school.


Speaking of iron, it came in on Friday and I started to give it to him on the same day. Of course there isn't anything to notice right now, but he has truly become the annoying little brother. He still isn't sleeping through the night anymore. I'm thinking about putting him on melatonin, but I want to wait until school starts. With him getting up early every morning for 5 days of the week maybe that tire him out to the point where he will sleep through the night, or most of it.

Friday will be his hearing test and I'm going to inquire of speech therapy at that outpatient center of Children's Hospital we are going to have it done at. Hopefully we can get him back into speech therapy soon. I know the little bit of time he was seeing a speech therapist a year ago, I didn't really see much improvement, but they weren't the best of the best so who knows. I have to do more than what I am doing if I want to see improvements in all areas. I guess I'll give an update after the hearing test.




Popular Posts