Forgot to mention

The main subject of Jordan's last visit was his red blood cells with that being a new issue, well a new issue of focus, I forgot to mention his lead levels.

When the doctor gave me the previous results and the recent results, I looked at them opposite. I thought the new was the old and the old was the new. So I thought that his levels had gone up a bit, by 2 points, and that wasn't a shock to me. I know that since he has an increased dosage of the chelator that it was more than likely possible I would see that. But when I went to file the paperwork in his binder I found that it wasn't that. Actually his levels went down 2 points. From 18 to 16. It was a pleasant surprise. I also believe that Jordan may drink out of the water fountain at school and with him being out for the summer it helped with the decrease. I thought about that when we were at Pump It Up and he wanted to drink from the fountain there. I have to make sure they know at the school not to allow him to drink from them and if they need me to send extra water I can do so.

This past weekend was the first round of his chelation treatments for the next 2 months. He shows signs of being more verbal already. He was upset yesterday and when I was trying to figure out the problem all he would tell me is "lay down" and "go to sleep" because I was sleeping at the time. Then he finally asked me to cut on the fan, but I believe he wanted the fan on in the kitchen, so it didn't get cut on. He always says hi first when he sees someone. He comes to me and says hungry when he's wants to eat instead of waiting for me to ask him. He even seems more happy. I'm really excited about what's to come after more rounds and after adding the iron supplement.

Which should be here soon. And if that does what I hope it will do and help with oxygenating his blood, I believe we will see great improvements because more oxygen will get to his brain that will help with a lot of cognitive functions. In the meantime we keep up with all his other supplements, even the methylcobalamin I wanted to get rid of. But doctor knows best.

Popular Posts