Always finding out something new

My last post had to be done via my Galaxy SIII. That was a bit of work. To get pictures on it, all the mistakes and the spell check wasn't working for some reason. I'm glad to say I am back in action with a new laptop.

Jordan is still doing extremely well. After speaking with other moms of autistic children it has shown me how fortunate we are to have Jordan be on the spectrum that he is on. He is so very easy going and even though sometimes he can get a little too excited and not calm down as easy, he still listens and pretty much does what he is told now.

Yesterday we started yet another round of chelation. This is the third round since his appointment and he will have one more to go before urine collection. Jordan is still becoming more communicative. I mean when he's doing something you don't want him to do, like running water (he still is in that phase), when you call to him he comes and says to you wash hands, no wash hands. I just called him from his sisters room because he picks with them so much. He came into the living room and said behave. A few drops of water in the glass makes it full. So all these little strides adding up show me that he is coming along and he can improve. I'm hoping the iron that I have added is really helping.

Lead
Iron
You see years ago I asked the doctor if low iron can cause high lead levels. She told me no. Now to some extent that is true. You can't get lead poisoning or anything because you have low lead. But what I did come across in an article is that if your iron level is low, it allows the body to hold on to lead more than it would if your levels were normal. Now that I can believe because the article states that lead and iron are similar. When there is an abnormal level of iron which the red blood cells need to transport oxygen to the body, it grabs onto the lead ingested and hangs onto it more strongly. So it all kind of makes sense to me now. Ever since I've giving Jordan the iron his natural body temperature has been a little higher. Not when I take his temperature but when I feel his hands. They feel a lot warmer than they used to. Like they did when I know he was getting ready to get a fever.

Hurray for the Internet, research and my new laptop. I feel really good about this and the next chelation weekend and the urine collection. But something inside is telling me I may see an increase because all of the lead that his body was holding onto may come out because the iron is now there to take it's place. But at least we have started him in the right direction again. I hope and pray there is nothing else that makes his body hold on the the lead and this will be the last few rounds we have to do. I'm really believing it is and next we will work on removing it from the brain. I'm so happy and excited.

???


Popular Posts