Okay!

Friday night, I decided to weigh Jordan because I hadn't done so in a few weeks. I stopped doing it every day when we were about to end the detox because it was a lot lower than I would have liked. The last time I did, he was 124. I was shocked then but was not expecting his weight to be what it was Friday.

When he took his slippers off and stepped on the scale, he weighed in at 133. I look at him and think, where is this weight? He still looks very skinny. I know he has some height to him, but he was this height when he was 109. Yes, the avocado, quinoa, and mushroom meals he eats twice a day during the week are fatty foods, but being as though that is all he gets aside from a bunch of fruit, I did not expect his weight to go up so much. It kind of reminds me of the story of Daniel. There could be a couple of reasons why he is gaining, though.

Jordan drinks water after everything. On a typical day, he will get six bottles of water. On other days only four. He could be retaining water. I know he is very hydrated because, aside from the water, he also drinks either watermelon juice, pineapple tea, or celery juice. And there is never a problem finding veins for his blood or lab work because they stick out through his arm all the time. He also gets plenty of pink Himalayan salt when I make his quinoa. That could be helping him to retain water as well. However, avocados and bananas being full of vitamin b6, magnesium and potassium, help the body assist in reducing water retention. So, in the end, I'm not really sure about the water retention.

As I mentioned in the last blog, I added hemp seeds to his diet. He gets some with every meal, the big bowl of fruit he has for a snack when he comes home, and I add it to his watermelon and smoothies when I blend them. Hemp seeds do not help you gain weight. They are actually good in helping you lose weight because they are rich in fiber and suppress your appetite. But, adding them to an already high-fat diet could be playing a role in why he has gained weight because he definitely takes in more calories than he expends. 

As for the IV therapy, I am waiting to hear back from the doctor about our next move. I sent an email early this morning to let her know about the detox routine to make sure it is okay to do. I will update you toward the end of the week. And if you are wondering, there are still no changes in him.

Comments

Popular Posts