IV - Day 2

I know I am a little behind in my post, but I wanted Jordan to get home so I could see if there were any changes. Of course, there were not. I just emailed his doctor to let her know what I have seen thus far and to inquire when I should make his next appointment for the lab. I think it should be sooner than 4 weeks from what I have seen. I will update you tomorrow on her findings, and she thinks we should schedule our next appointment. 

As of today, there has been no difference in his physical. No skin rashes due to the glutathione or detoxing through the skin. But there is a difference in his communication. Instead of saying, "say excuse me," he just said excuse me twice this morning. He always lets me know when he needs to go when doing the enema. Instead of saying, "mommy, have to go poop, please," he just said poop. These are two differences that may not seem like much, but I still have to take note of every tiny detail. I should send a second email to his doctor to inform her because I left it out being more concerned about the stimming remaining the same.

Now onto what glutathione is and what a glutathione supplement can and can not do for the body. 

First, glutathione, known as GSH, is an antioxidant made up of three amino acids: L-cysteine, glycine, and L-glutamate. It occurs naturally in the body and is produced by the liver and nerve cells in the central nervous system. It helps fight free radicals, unstable molecules that form in response to certain factors your body faces. When there are more free radicals than antioxidants, oxidative cell damage happens, leading to a variety of health issues, like high blood pressure, diabetes, and Alzheimer's disease. GSH also works to metabolize toxins and cancer-causing substances, repair DNA, and activate enzymes. It breaks down nutrients and regulates essential body processes like immune response. Even though glutathione plays a significant role in the body, the benefits are thought to come from the cysteine that helps it. So supplementing with N-acetylcysteine may help build the cysteine needed to raise the glutathione levels. 


GSH is found in fruits and vegetables in high amounts. Other foods like dairy products, cereals, and bread have low amounts of GSH. Even though glutathione supplements are widely available, his doctor informed me that supplements are not necessarily the way to go. She explained that once it hits the air, the quality decreases. Although Jordan can swallow a pill, it doesn't help him much because he does not absorb nutrients properly anyway. 

So that is day 2. I will be honest and say I am a little surprised the stimming has not decreased more, but I am not defeated. Exodus 32:18 says, But he said: "It is not the noise of the shout of victory, Nor the noise of the cry of defeat, But the sound of singing I hear." I haven't won, but I haven't lost either. And because of that, I will continue on until victory is mine.

Comments

Popular Posts