The new routine





When I signed up for this detox for Jordan, I had no idea what was in store for us but did NOT expect what we have to do.

So as I mentioned a couple of days ago, he has to eat a gracious amount of fruits daily. I have found a regimen that may work, as long as I get up in time to do it.

I thought today was that day, but here it is midday, and he has only gotten one serving when he should have had at least 5 by now.

Part of it is not my fault, though. My oldest, who has a phobia of cicadas, calls me every morning she is about to come in, and there is one by the door. This morning was one of those mornings. So at 6:30 am, I am being awakened, and I am due to get up at 7. Needless to say, I did not wake until 9. *sigh*

It would not have been so bad starting at 9, except for the morning ritual we have to do daily.

This ritual cleans the mouth, nasal passages, dry brushing, soaking in magnesium, and showering. And I don't have all I need for the morning routine, so some things are omitted. After all that, he is not ready to sit and eat until some time after 11. 

Now, normally I would be scrambling to figure out how I'm going to fit everything he needs to take in a smaller time frame now, but this morning showed me I don't have to.

Philippians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, 
 with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God

Jordan still weighs himself every morning after he brushes his teeth. Since he is still on the frail side, he usually comes and tells me any weight between 108 and 109 lbs. After getting just the fruits and juices, the other day, he told me 106. But this morning, 110. He had not been above 110 in quite a while. 

I am relieved that building up the number and amount of fruits he takes will possibly increase his weight. But if not, at least it will not go down to one that bothers me. I am excited going forward.

Tomorrow I plan to get up a little earlier than 9, but come next week, 4 am it is. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts