WOW!

I just finished reading the Gut and Psychology Syndrome book and man am I speechless. It was informative in ways I can not begin to tell you. It gave a break down of so many things about how gut flora is passed and how foods have changed over the decades that give us many of the issues we have today to how our body was designed to process foods and what causes it to not work properly anymore. I'm not sure who my readers consist of, but if any of you are trying give your child with Autism the best quality of life, do yourself a favor and read this book. It is filled with a lot of scientific terms and names of nutrients and vitamins hard to pronounce, but well worth the read. The knowledge this book gives you on how the body works and how to keep it healthy is priceless. On top of that, it's not just for children with Autism. Many of the diseases/disorders we see today can be cured by diet. Schizophrenia, depression and arthritis are a few to name as well as home remedies for the common cold and ear infections. It is packed with so much information that fills in many missing pieces I'm wondering why am I just now getting it?

When Jordan was diagnosed with Autism, he had regressed from developing typically. I wouldn't have considered him a GAPS patient then. If I have of had the book, I would have probably started him on a healthier diet to help the body build up the gut flora and that might have solved the problem. But being as though I had no clue about Autism or what it entailed, I let things progress the way they did. When he finally did get to see his DAN! doctor, he was almost 6 years old. At this point he was a GAPS patient but not realizing how serious his gut issue was or how bad it could get, we just supplemented with a probiotic and went gluten free. But that wasn't enough. As I did research about this and that and questioned the doctor about certain supplements, more got added. Now that's not necessarily a bad thing, but given the fact that he was eating processed and sugary foods, he continued to deteriorate his gut. Plus with the addition of so many supplements, many I'm not sure if they are synthetic versions, that didn't help either. The body, when getting vitamins and minerals, are designed to get them in their natural state. When they are man made, the body doesn't know what to do with them and in turn they are really useless. It's a cycle that can only be straightened out by balancing the gut flora through proper diet and some supplementation. I went through this process for one reason and one reason only. To shape my character.

There have many times, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, I have prayed to God to heal my child. Allow him to have a conversation with me. Allow him to learn the way his typical peers do. But that couldn't have happened because there was so much more He needed me to learn to be the person that I am becoming. Along the way He put things in place that continued to help with the process, but no more than what was needed at that time because I wasn't in the place to receive more. Mark 9:29 "So He said to them, 'This kind can come out by nothing but prayer and fasting.'" I learned about fasting through the church and there were times I fasted from food for the weekends during chelation to help bring his levels down. But when you fast, it shouldn't be from just food. Fasting is the process of giving up something that is prominent in your life. Depriving yourself of something He speaks to you to give up that will help you attain what you desire. When I fasted from TV and social media from the end of September to the beginning of November, things started to change. What I was trying to get from fasting came to me with such clarity there was no denying it was from Him. That's where I found the Feingold diet to help with his behaviors. And believe it or not it did, although it was short lived. After fasting again (I still am) I realized that the Feingold diet (FD) was a precursor to the diet he is supposed to be on. The GAPS diet. The FD had me remove a lot of the foods that he can't have on the GAPS diet. To get his stools to be regular so when certain foods are introduced, he won't have to wait days and days to move on to the next step, unless there is a problem with that food in particular. He has just been working in so many ways and not exclusively to Autism.

Just a couple of days ago a prayer of mine had been answered from about 2 years ago. Without going into detail about the prayer and who it was for I will say that the morning I had a revelation about something I had been struggling with and that night I get a call, the prayer was answered. I often wondered how when you come across a situation, why you are supposed to react as Jesus would have, and expect for things to change. If it were a certain behavior you are seeing from a person, your thought is that person would think things are okay and not change them, right? But God says lean not to your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5). So if you react in a godly manner, He will see your obedience and work everything else out. He didn't change that situation because more is to be done, but He did answer the prayer I had from way back. God is great and greatly to be praised.

On another note, as much as I would love to share with you daily for Autism awareness month like I did last year, I just don't think it's in the cards for me to do this year. I have been trying to get so much together for this diet. Researching, visiting farmer's markets and pricing food, and talking to Jordan numerous times daily about this new diet he will have to be on. I just don't have time to actually sit down and work on what to say. That's not how I operate anyway. What comes to mind is what I type and then I research to back up what I am sharing with you. I can't give you anything that doesn't come from the heart. Anything other than that seems forced. Thank you for all your support.






Comments

Popular Posts