It just feels right

It has been almost a week since I changed Jordan's diet to consist of foods that can heal his gut. The change will allow for him to eat a lot of the foods that started to give him problems later on in life. Even those not approved on the Feingold diet (FD). Which is great because if something is found naturally in a food, like salicylates, it can't be that harmful to us. Salicylates are produced by some foods to protect it so that is it healthy for consumption. The Feingold diet removes this, as well as some other ingredients placed in food that aren't so good for you. The problem with this diet is, it doesn't get to the root of the problem as to why these things bother you in the first place. However, it was the perfect introduction to the GAPS diet Jordan is currently on. I'm pretty sure if I didn't go through the introduction to the introduction it might have been a little more difficult.

Starting the FD I had to remove many processed foods. Hot dogs and ground beef for whatever meal I decided to make. There were plenty that were on the approved list that I could have given him, but either the places I could get them from were too far or they gave him a reaction because like I said, he was becoming sensitive to everything. Most grains were already removed from his diet and the only thing he still ate was oatmeal, so it wasn't hard to stop that. He was only drinking water due to taking away foods and drinks with high amounts of sugar. Basically his diet was already down to nothing and he was only eating two dishes, so reducing it to one dish with high amounts of nutrients was an easy transition. I thought the most difficult thing was going to be having to make everything at home. Including yogurt and sauerkraut. However, it was better than expected. The whole process has truly given me peace. Believe it or not, I am so relaxed about everything. Not once since going through treatment for him, have I ever felt this calm about what we are doing. Maybe it was because every time I went to the doctor with a concern I was pretty sure I was going to bring home instructions that added a new supplement. Giving him numerous supplements throughout the day was very exhausting and expensive. Maybe it was because when giving him these supplements I would see improvements briefly and then be back to square one. My faith that they would help with treatment steadily decreased. Or maybe it was just God not allowing me to be at peace because it wasn't right. 3 John 1:2

Months ago I wrote a post about God's diet for our lives. We have so many diets that we can go on. There is the Atkins diet, Raw Food diet, South Beach diet, Vegan diet, Vegetarian diet, Mediterranean diet, Gluten Free/Casein Free diet, etc. etc. There are other fad diets I have come across to crazy to name. Then we have healing diets like the Ketogenic diet and GAPS diet. Diets have their pros and cons to help you achieve what you are looking for, but what we really need to be on is God's diet. 1 Corinthians 10:31 "Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." Foods created by Him are designed to help us in many ways and many are similar or are shaped like the organ it is to help. Cut carrots look like eyes, and consuming them increases blood flow to the eyes. Tomatoes have four chambers just as the heart. The lycopene in them reduces the risk of heart disease. Walnuts, which are shaped like the brain, help develop over 3 dozen neurotransmitters and have a high content of omega-3 fatty acids, both good for brain function. I could go on and on, but my point is we need to eat the right foods for us. Unfortunately if your gut is not in working order, things can't get to the right place. It's a cycle that needs to be addressed. And over the years seeing presentations about food at ministry meetings, research of my own and fasting, God has shown me diet is the way to go, which is why it was no problem to get it going. Grateful is all I can say.

The peace I now have in my heart is carrying over to other areas of my life as well. There are many things I see going on around me in the world and even in my own family that could have me stressed beyond measure. But what's great about God is He is in control. Whatever happens is supposed to happen. He never makes mistakes. 2 Samuel 22:31 "As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him." Things don't always go as planned. I do react in ways I shouldn't at times. However, the new me doesn't wallow in what went wrong anymore. I now find the ways to make it right. So instead of being angry or sad about the situation at hand, I can smile and rejoice because it's working out for His good (Philippians 4:4-7). It feels so good. I can not describe in words just what I feel. When I was trying to figure out just what He wanted me to do, I fasted from the distracting games. Now most of these games have been deleted from my phone and I am more productive. Listening to Bible study, reading more devotionals and researching what I need to know in order to follow the plan He has for me to help Jordan. Despite some tribulations, I feel so alive and happy. Most importantly, I feel so free. All because of Autism.

Comments

Popular Posts