My my my

What a week this has been. I have been making stock, soup, sauerkraut and yogurt it seems like every day this week. I am physically and mentally tired. But it's all for a great cause. What I see coming from Jordan are changes I have seen in him before, but now lasting longer. For instance Jordan knows how to use the bathroom standing. It would be supplements I would give him that would allow him to take a step forward by actually standing, but later he would revert back to sitting. This time he is standing consistently. He is not having any issues at school or bible study. The only times he has misbehaved is when he wanted Tostitos and I thought he said Doritos, and in Bible study after he had a banana and then wanted pretzels. He doesn't play when it comes to food obviously. He is eating everything without problems and is always asking for sauerkraut and yogurt. As demanding as this diet is, I still get excited when I think about him being on it. I have to be to continue to work at it. Last night I was up until about 4am making chicken stock and preparing to make chicken soup because he needed it for breakfast and lunch today. I am extremely tired right now, but the joy of knowing my son is on the right path to health trumps it all.

After three weeks I am finally ready to start stage 2 of the introduction diet tomorrow. I was supposed to start it today, but last night I forgot to do the sensitivity test for egg yolk to make sure it was okay to add to his soup today. I will take care of that tonight and if all goes well, add one raw egg yolk to his soup when he comes home from school. That way even if he does have a negative reaction, it will be removed by the time he gets up and ready for school Friday. That's another great thing about this diet. I can see when something throws him off almost immediately and just as soon as it comes, it goes. I can't wait to get started with the second stage because it also introduces stews and casseroles. I mean the soups I give him I think are more like stews anyway because they contain plenty of meat. I gave it to him like that because didn't want him to lose any more weight going from chicken, cabbage, beef and broccoli to just soup with small bits of meat. I can also implement salmon and ghee. Ghee is clarified butter used for cooking and baking. I've only come across two recipes in the book that call for it and I'm not sure when or if I will be using ghee. We'll see when the time comes because I still haven't started him on a fish stock which I should have a long time ago. I will probably try to next week.

Another interesting thing that happened this week was on Friday night. Jordan came to me complaining of a toothache. The later it got, the more he said it. When I tried to tell him there was nothing I could do and suggested for him to watch TV or play a game to ease his mind, he became upset. He went and got a towel so I could attempt to pull it out as I have done in years past. I brushed and flossed his teeth to remove any food that may have been trapped that was causing the problem but it didn't work. He didn't want me to stop though. I tried orajel to numb the area, children's Motrin to stop the pain and warm salt water to get out any bacteria and nothing worked. I eventually settled him by telling him we would go to the dentist to get it checked out, but he still asked up until he got tired enough and went up to get in bed, all on his own. I was hoping that it was related to allergies because they had been bothersome to him for about three weeks. But Saturday morning I heard clicking noises coming from his mouth area that I had never heard before so I thought it might be something more. Something I really needed to have checked out for him. I researched the dentist I take my daughters to so I could find out hours and if they specialize in children with special needs. However, on Monday I called Children's Hospital and found out they accept emergency walk-ins. I opted to take him Tuesday and he was more than happy to go. But by that time his complaining became less. So Tuesday morning we go and when I tell you he did a great job, he really did a great job. And this was his first time ever going to a dentist. He followed direction so well and even smiled when they moved the chair up and down. When it was time to go he did not want to leave, but I believe it was because nothing was found and nothing could be done to help his problem per the dentist.

Their opinion was that the tooth growing in the back was pushing on the teeth and causing teething like pains. However, from the one x-ray that they took, didn't look like the teeth were that close together. They recommended an adult doctor that may be able to work with him, but would also be willing to see him again if they could not accommodate him. So we headed home and I just had to tell him that it would get better over time. When Wednesday morning came, he didn't say anything about his tooth hurting. Not until he came home anyway. He also mentioned it once this morning as well. I am starting to believe maybe it has to deal with the sinus because of his allergies. One can only hope anyway. If things don't change by next week, I will check out the other places. But you know what was funny about this whole situation? When Jordan was with me, all he could say was tooth hurt, pull out. But when I left Saturday evening to pick my daughter up from a birthday party, his father said the whole time I was gone he was in the den laughing and watching TV. The moment I got back he started again about the tooth. He had me feeling so bad that this tooth was so uncomfortable to him, but he was just playing me as usual. Because I feed into him and repeat or respond to everything he needs me to, he uses me to get his sensory fix. But I did shut him down and stopped him from getting upset when I told him he needed to go watch TV or play a game because there was nothing I could do until Monday. He got the hint.

This week has been one for the record books. With the diet that is ever so time consuming and dealing with the affairs of the home, I really could be down and out right now. However, I have had a revolution since my last post. It really is up to me. I control how I react when I am not getting my mental needs met. Focusing on the negative makes me look at things in a different light and takes away from the joy of everything surrounding me. I have made a choice that no matter what I feel I don't get from anybody, I will not let it break me. I will take the lead because I can't feel mentally drained and continue on doing what I am doing. I admit I had a hardened heart. When I saw something that I didn't like, I shut down. But I asked God to change it, to soften my heart. And He did. Ezekiel 26:36 (NKJV) "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh." I can't guarantee I will stay this way, I am only human. But I will try my hardest to be better.



Comments

Popular Posts