It's April!!!

I love this month. Autism Awareness month. So many people do a lot in this month to bring awareness to the disorder to those who otherwise would have no clue. My daughters class designed their own Autism t-shirts to wear on Tuesday. I try to do what I can throughout the year, but because this is the month people will hear more about it, I try to make sure I say something everyday related to it. Last year I did about a paragraph or so a day with how Autism came to be in my life. This year I am going to give you information on this diet I am starting with Jordan that he will be on for approximately 2 years. Could be shorter or longer depending on how fast he is able to tolerate foods that have to be introduced and increased every few days.

This diet is called the GAPS diet. I just started reading the official book written by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride, MD. When I tell you this book is full of information, there is no way you could fully understand unless you read it. I have found out about the different ways food has evolved over the years and why certain things that are deemed to be good for us aren't. Like milk for instance. It is something we shouldn't be drinking. Why? Because it has been pasteurized. We should be drinking raw milk. But because farmers wouldn't care for their cows properly and they would get sick, it would be passed down to us. Which would in turn make us sick. They had to find a way to make the milk drinkable and hence we now have what we have. But our bodies weren't designed to eat or drink anything that is not in it's natural state. The change in the dynamic of the food doesn't work with how our bodies were created to digest them. This is why there are many health problems among us. With that and the antibiotics we take for sickness, pesticides in the foods and so on and so fourth, it's no wonder so many are sick among us.

I am about halfway through the book I just started yesterday. I thought I could read up on it and possibly buy some foods yesterday and start the diet this morning. But it really isn't that simple. I even researched just a few minutes ago to see if I could do something else to heal his gut instead of this diet. It's kind of overwhelming because it takes a lot of planning because you can't just go into the store and buy the food for this diet. Everything has to be made at home. The bone broth, fermented foods and drinks, the whole nine. And you have to do this for 2 years? I'm up for it, but this is going to be a lot of work. After I'm done here I am going to get ready to go to the local Farmer's Market to see the selection of foods they have. If they have free range organic eggs. If they sell bones or make custom sausage. Also to get an idea on the prices. This is should be interesting. I'm pretty sure I can give you information daily this month and probably until the end of the year. But let's just get through April first.

 Matthew 25:45 (MSG)
 “He will answer them, ‘I’m telling the solemn truth: 
  whenever you failed to do one of these 
   things to someone who was being overlooked or ignored, 
   that was me—you failed to do it to me.’

Comments

Popular Posts