Wrenches in my program

Yesterday was a little bit gloomy for me. I have so many things stacked against me right now.

It first started when Jordan got off his bus Thursday. He had crumbs on his jacket and the aide said he was eating cookies. I was so focused on getting in the house to read the report back home from his day at school I didn't think to check to see if the cookies were gluten free. Not only that, but they were cookies. I have Jordan on this limited diet where he is not getting anything sweet or foods that break down into sugars such as pasta or rice. The note home said Jordan was a little sluggish, but behaved and did his work. But now he has been given something out of the normal that I have no idea what effect it's going to have on him. He was not well behaved when me and my husband when to the store that day. However he did sleep through the night which is good. Maybe the cookies were gluten free, but still the sugars are my concern. That was the first wrench.

When me and my husband went to purchase Jordan some food, I realized that a lot of the foods I still thought I could give him I can not. The starch from the potatoes, crust from the pizza and maybe even the corn from the taco shells are foods that break down into sugars that can raise his blood sugar level. It's so disheartening to allow him to try all these different foods to get him to broaded his diet and I have to take most of them away because of the negative effect it has on him. He constantly asks for macaroni and cheese, fries and pizza. Now the only things he can have are nuggets and hot dogs? This can't be right. There has to be something I can do. I don't get that feeling of relief when you have prayed for something and God has answered it. I just don't have it. I do not feel good about this restricted diet.

The third problem is now that we are attempting to get back into the chelation process, I had to pay for the DMSA that we use. When I called the pharmacy to do so, I remembered that the insurance company paid for a certain amount of pills a month. When I had them check to see if what I ordered was covered, they gave me a call back saying the product is no longer covered. I was a little surprised to find out that little bit of information, but not much. It was just a matter time since they took it from being an over the counter dietary supplement to needing a prescription. That change doesn't really affect me much because at some point I had to come out of pocket anyway. Nothing is going to stop me from doing what I need to for Jordan

So the conclusions to all my problems: I'm not upset or even worried about the bus situation. It is all a matter of communicating with them what Jordan can and can not have. Solved. The diet: I'm not taking Jordan's favorite foods away from him. I went from moving away from the husks in the fiber to fiber powder, but the powder contains more psyllium than the husk which is what forms the gel in the digestion process. I thought that cause more harm than good. I decided because there are so many soluble fiber foods out there, that I can add to his diet instead. I decided first on lentils, but because they are classified as legumes, it puts them in the same family as the peanut. Although Jordan has bitten into a peanut once and not had a reaction, I choose not to risk his life because he may not have a problem. Instead I choose to add black beans to his meals to help. I thought spinach would help until I learned it didn't have the fiber in it I was looking for. This I already know helps and all that is left to do is to find a good recipe and serve. I don't think he will have a problem eating it.

The end of this year has been a little more than I thought I could handle, but I did. Not by my own strength but because of my Rock, my Strong Tower, my God. Everything I have been through for the past 2 weeks is enough to make some people give up. But because of the faith I have that he has put me in my purpose, I have the power to withstand anything that is thrown at me.

Isaiah 54:17 ""No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgement you shall condemn. this is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from Me." says the Lord."



Popular Posts