COULD THIS BE IT!!!!


I know I've thought I've found the answer to the problems with Jordan numerous times, and each time one did the trick for a little while. Then I would do something that would mess up all I accomplished and I would be back at square one, and my remedy would no longer work. But this time it's different. I know that Jordan was having an issue with absorbing minerals because giving him green juice for magnesium and milk for calcium along with his Super Nu Thera vitamins and minerals helped with the spasms. The fiber does something that just does not agree with him. Whether it irritates his system or totally keeps him from receiving any minerals from anything he eats, I'd just rather stay away from it all together. I found cooking greens allows the same percentage of magnesium and fiber as raw when consumed so I started giving him sauteed spinach so he can eat it all instead of green juicing and not getting the fiber he needs because it is extracted from the juice. After giving him cooked spinach for 5 days today he was still misbehaving. I had to leave class early to pick him up from my mom because he would not listen.

I explained to my facilitator that I needed to go because my son just wouldn't act right. I told her that he had not been on all of his supplements because when I ordered them last Monday, Wednesday they were delivered to the wrong house and not recovered. (I received the new shipment today) I was in belief that Jordan not having his Gaba and the other 3 supplements he was missing for over a week was the issue within his behaviors. I thought the Gaba would at least calm him down. At least I am hoping. My teacher walked out with me and before I could leave she prayed for me. She asked that I could learn what is causing him to act in such a way so I can do something about it. Low and behold, I prayed for the reason behind the spasms, but not his behaviors. I just figured it was because he needed fiber because a large dosage did make him behave. But I refuse to give it to him. I had to come up with something else that would help regulate the blood sugar levels. I did the most extensive research I think I have ever done today and I found out a lot of information. Which lead me to finding out what I think could be the reason for his mischievous acts.

First I looked up what other supplements could help maintain the blood sugar level. I already knew the supplements that came up. Alpha Lipoic Acid, Chromium, Cinnamon and a couple of others. I contemplated giving him the cinnamon, but that didn't jump out to me that it would be the answer to my problems. So I moved on to the next which was foods that were high in fiber. Black beans, peas, lentils, raspberries, and brussel sprouts were among those on the list. I truly considered giving him the beans since he doesn't have an issue eating new foods. But I just kept going looking up more things because just as the first answer, it didn't give me the feeling that it was the one to help. I thought to look up the 2 different fibers, soluble vs. insoluble. I believe I misread somewhere along the way because I thought maybe if I give him the soluble fiber instead of both it would help him with digesting his sugars better to maintain a healthy blood sugar level. But soluble fiber is the one that absorbs water and I think what can lead to dehydration if not enough water is given. Somehow that lead to me finding out that spinach does NOT have the fiber in it that I thought was going to help with the behaviors. It is high in insoluble fiber helps mostly with keeping you regular. Knowing that I will still continue to give him the spinach for health reasons, but I now see it won't do what I needed it to do. Since that wasn't going to be the answer to the behaviors, I decided to Google behavior with Autism. And while I can't find the article now, I found where there was a study concluded where a child receiving 1,000 mg in omega 3 fatty acids helped with behaviors in children from 5-17 years of age.

That made me think back to when I changed the cod liver oil Jordan was taking. There were actually 2 supplements he was taking, cod liver oil and the speak smooth, that had plenty of omega-3's but contained soy. Because soy was abnormal in one of Jordan's test results for allergens, I removed those two supplements from him, but replaced the cod liver oil with the company's brand that I order his supplements from. Today I checked their amount of the omega-3 fatty acids and it states that there is 150 mg EPA and DHA. EPA and DHA are the omega 3 and the fatty acids found in cold water fish. The total omega-3's in the brand he used prior, 1050 mg. I had to go back to when I realized his brand contained soy and when it was removed in retrospect to his behavior issues starting. My records show after that visit where I informed her of the soy issue, I was to start him on the L-Lysine and Immuno Aid. The take home instructions for starting those 2 supplements was April 7th. Which means that somewhere around the 7th he was not receiving the amount he should. I can't remember if I stopped before the visit or after, but let's say it was after. That was around the time we went to renew our vows. Which was when the behaviors really started to worsen.

I am really trying not to throw all my eggs in one basket with this one, but it just feels right. Even though around that time I stopped green juicing, I started that back and still had issues. I stopped chelation as well but that wasn't until July when that ended, behavior problems started in April. All signs point to this being the reasons he hasn't been so cooperative with doing work and following directions. I found a cod liver oil that I can give him that has a total of 1,225 mg of omega-3 fatty acids that claim to be soy free. I plan to give him that as soon as it comes in to see if there is a difference. I'm believing there will be. It's the only thing I haven't re-introduced after removing around the time when he started and continued to be disruptive. Here goes nothing.

John 16:33
"These things I have spoken
to you, that in Me you may have 
peace. In the world you will
have tribulation; but
be of good cheer, I have
overcome the world"

Popular Posts