Now we wait...

Thursday Jordan started on the new cod liver oil that has 1,225 mg of the omega-3 fatty acids. Now is the time to wait and see if this is what he needs. I'm pretty sure it will help tremendously with proper brain function therefore helping his behaviors.

There are quite a few things that I didn't share in the last blog because quite frankly, it was too long. One is that Jordan hasn't had any juice for about 2 weeks. I am reluctant to continue to spend 10 dollars on a 32 oz. bottle of juice. Not to mention that the one I was most interested in buying was higher in sugars that what I found on the internet. With that being said, he is only getting sugars from the foods he eats. The agave syrup that goes on his french toast sticks in the morning is the highest amount at 16g. The french toast sticks only have 3g. The next highest is his milk at 11g. Pretty much everything else has no sugars in them at all. His hot dogs, taco seasoning, chicken nuggets, and french fries, The starches that should break down into sugars, like his macaroni noodles when I make his version of hamburger helper, also have no sugars while the pizza that he loves has 3g. Now I can't be certain that after he ingests the pasta, rice and pizza crust, it doesn't break down into sugar but I'm hoping it's only what it says it is. But I go into the sugar to say that with him getting less, he caught on to what I showed him very quick Wednesday morning.

I will admit because Jordan's work is so easy I tend to....I always do his work in the morning after breakfast. It's always been something I've done with him and I have no idea why. So when I decided he was well enough for me to send back to school just this past Wednesday, we had 3 worksheets to do. One tracing, one telling the time and the last was a few math problems. He did the tracing fine, not to much to teach there. But when we got to telling the time on the manual clock, he amazed me. First I was trying to show him that when the hand was on the 6, it actually meant :30. We've been through this time and time again and I know it's very confusing for a child with a learning disability to grasp that, but it has to be done. So when it came time to write 7:30 he wrote 7:300. I erased it and wrote hand over hand 7:30. Now when Jordan writes his 3's, I've tried and I have never been able to correct this, he writes it so the middle doesn't connect. Like a wave if you will. But after I did the hand over hand with him this time, when he wrote his 3's on his own, they were correct. Every single time. Not only that, but when I pointed to the 12, he also said :30. That lets me know that he was learning that it means something different than the number shows. I told him that is where you write :00. So toward the end of the worksheet when I pointed to the six he would say :30 and when I pointed to the 12 he said :00. That was huge because he's never caught on to something I would try to show him so fast.

Then we started the math sheet. When you ask Jordan what 1+1 is he will say 1 because it is the last number you said. So throughout this homework sheet he did the same, except when we got to the last row of problems. He actually started to guess numbers. He put forth an effort to recognize that it's not going to be the last number, so he said a random number. That is huge for him as well. He does not like math, but he gave a try to answer correctly without just saying the last thing you did. I was really pleased with Jordan Wednesday morning. And while his behaviors weren't where they should be while at school, the fact that he wasn't as erratic as he can be was okay with me because I know that I can help fix the issue with a diet less in sugar and I don't need to mess with that nasty fiber anymore. And now that we have started him on this new cod liver oil, I hope it's all we need to get him back on track.

The last 8 months have been such a roller coaster of a ride. I have no idea why I've been through some of the things I have been. I know things are revealed to us in its time, but I don't fully understand why I had to deal with so many issues when it came to Jordan. One thing I can say is from the experience it truly taught me how to depend, wait, and fully trust God. I had to be patient trying to figure out where the spasms were coming from and trying different remedies for different issues until I came to the right one. Same with the behaviors. It took me going through the spasms ordeal to see that the fiber could help, but he may have just needed more omega-3 fatty acids to do the trick. The jury is still out on that but with the time frame of when I noticed the soy in the old brand and started the new one, I think it will help. Another thing that came back to me is that when you turn your life over to God, it doesn't mean things will automatically be smooth. In fact the closer you get to your destiny, you need to prepare for a fight. This was my fight. But thanks to God I did not give up, nor will I give up if this turns out not to be the answer I was looking for. I will continue to battle until I win.

Joshua 11:5-6 "And when all these kings had met together, they came and camped together at the waters of Merom to fight against Israel. 6 But the Lord said to Joshua, "Do not be afraid because of them. for tomorrow about this time I will deliver all of them slain before Israel. You shall hamstring their horses and burn their chariots with fire.""

I truly believe that the cod liver oil will help Jordan become well behaved again, But if not, I'm not far from where I need to be to figure out what will. I now know what people mean when they say God may not come when you call Him but he's always on time.  I can say that God was on time, because it was a struggle dealing with the ins and outs of his antics day in and day out. Keeping him home from school for extended periods of time worried about his well being while there. It was something that tried to break me and almost did. But God. He gave me something right when I needed it. I will update you when I know more about how this cod liver oil is doing to curb his behaviors as soon as I notice.

Popular Posts