What's happened?!?! I rarely had to do this before


Today as I got Jordan ready for his third day of ESY (extended school year) he was a little more aggravated than other days. It has got me thinking, what's happened to my little boy.




Jordan used to be such a sweet, easy going kid. Never showed attitude when you wanted him or needed him to do something. Was always willing to take his medicines with NO PROBLEMS whatsoever. He always did what I asked him to plain and simple. Now he's getting to the point when I ask him to throw something in the trash for me he's telling me no, I have to call him 3, 4, maybe even 5 times to give him supplements. He's just a different boy now and before when I didn't feel the need to discipline him, I do now.


This morning his attitude started with me calling him to take his B12. I guess because I called him away from a video at a time he didn't want to he got upset. He rushed me into checking under his tongue to make sure the powder was dissolved, twice. So after that he kept coming into the kitchen stomping to show his frustration or anger. I told him to stop but it was time for him to eat anyway. I called him to come eat, he won't come. I literally had to go into the den and pull him away from the computer so he could eat before the bus came. He sat down to eat with no problems. He ate slow but that's normal for him now. I tried to rush him as much as I could without irritating him because since this is only the third day, I'm still not sure what the regular time for the bus to show up is. I now believe it to be about 7:13 or so. So after he's done eating he has the opportunity to go into the den and watch whatever until the bus comes. He had about 7 minutes to do so this morning. But the attitude kicked back in. He came out of the den whining. I told him to calm down and he ran off into the den. Now I have to get control of the situation because my mom's bed is right underneath the foyer area. He comes out again doing the same thing. This time he comes into the living room and tries to close the curtains I need open to see the bus pull up. At this point I'm like he really can't still be upset from be asking him to take his supplement at a certain time; then I thought this is Jordan, yes he can. I made him sit and he grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I smacked his hand. Normally I try not to hit him because he does what he sees and doesn't forget. He is still repeating the trainer on the Wii fit when she says "up and down", and I haven't played that in months. When I do something like smack his hand, whenever he knows I'm upset or get stern with him he will smack his hand. Not only do I not want him to do that when someone like a teacher has to do the same, I don't know what his little mind thinks and I don't want him to think it's okay to be hit but that it's more of a punishment. He cried a little bit but I was so thankful that it didn't turn into a long drawn out crying session because that also happens when I have to be this way with him. He actually calmed down rather quickly. So after I told him he can get up but no running, he walked into the den. I think he came out one more time with a little frustration in his voice but he did not act out like he did prior to that. So now when the bus comes I have to call him 4 times to come to the bus. This is not the Jordan I know.


I'm hoping maybe he still needs to get used to being back in school and being as though he is in the school he was in before he started going to the school that is in our jurisdiction maybe it's all just a little confusing for him. Even if that is so, he still isn't the same little guy that I know to help you out whenever you need it. Oh gosh, what if this is his real personality coming through and he's a stubborn kid :)      yikes. As long as there's progress I'll take whatever is thrown at me to help my baby through this. I just know now that discipline is not out of the question anymore when it comes to him. And that's not such a bad thing....

Popular Posts