Referrals and appointments



So at Jordan's last visit with his primary care physician she gave me 4 referrals. I mentioned them way back when it happened, sometime in May. So today I got around to making, or trying to make some of the appointments. Only one was made.

The first referral was for developmental delay treatment at Children's Hospital. Not sure what it is that they do, but the wait list is for a year. So I put him on the waiting list and now, we wait.


The second appointment I tried to make was for the vision test. His doctor explained to me that they do whatever they need to accommodate children with special needs. When I called, the receptionist explained to me that their department only sees people who have serious enough problems to have corrective surgery. So he won't be seeing them.


The third was a success. It is to have his hearing test done. This one is closest to me so I won't be driving hours away for a visit that may take about 30 minutes, or however long a hearing test takes. However, while on hold I heard something about speech, so while I am there I will inquire about their speech therapy and if they have a department that gives therapy for speech, I will try to get him back into that.


The last which I did not try to make an appointment for was allergy testing. No rhyme or reason why I did not call to make the appointment, but I will get to it. I guess I just believe that his allergies to nuts and shellfish haven't gone anywhere. I will probably try to schedule an appointment with the new allergist tomorrow. It's the furthest one from me in Lanham.


So after all I was dreading making him all these appointments and having to do all this running around, I ended up not have to do much running around at all. Next Friday the 2nd is his next DAN doctor appointment. I'm excited to get there and see that his lead levels have gone up because of the increased dosage *insert sarcasm*. I hope this increased dosage gets a lot more out so I don't have to keep the chelation going on for months and months. I'm not going to give up but I am tired of the same routine. Ready for a change.
  

Popular Posts