The infamous $88 cake - Update

So Jordan's birthday has come and gone. He enjoyed himself at Pump It Up. Never got him to the store to pick out his toy, but I don't think it was a big deal to him. And now the cake....

On Saturday I went way out to pick up this expensive cake for Jordan since he's been asking for cake for a while. I ordered a 1/4 sheet and it was bigger than I thought. They made it double layered. It was a very plain cake but it had happy birthday Jordan written on it. He could barely wait to dive in.


We sang happy birthday and I cut him a piece and he ate it. I was surprised. I tried it, it was hard and to really enjoy it you have to eat every piece of cake with icing. But it really wasn't that bad. He didn't eat all of his though because I cut it too big. But he hasn't asked for anymore since. I just asked him if he wanted some cake and he said "No." I guess he didn't enjoy it that much to want more. I will probably have to freeze it because no ones asked for any more of it either.

I'm happy I could accommodate Jordan and give him his request for cake, but I think that will be the last time I do that. At least until a closer bakery that can do more colorful designs comes along with a cheaper price as well.

Hope you enjoyed your cake buddy.  I love you!


Update - I was getting a piece of my brother-in-laws wedding cake and Jordan asked for cake. I said "Do you want some of your cake?", and he said "Cake." So I said "Let's go down and get your cake." I thought from that point on he wouldn't want it and want some of the cake I was eating, but he marched right down those basement stairs with me and opened the refrigerator himself and tried to pull the cake out. I cut him a significantly smaller piece than I did on Saturday. And although he eats cake the funniest way I've ever seen, he ate the entire piece. I'm so happy because I thought that he didn't like it and wasn't going to want anymore. And even thought it's a snack, it is another food he will eat. Now I hope he can finish that whole cake before it goes bad. ;)

Popular Posts