HAPPY BIRTHDAY JORDAN!!!

Today marks Jordan's 9th birthday. Nine years I've had the joy of taking care of the one thing that has truly changed my life for the better.

About a week back my husband saw a truck for a bakery, Freedom Bakery, that does gluten free cakes. Jordan loves cake but can never have any. I've tried to make a couple from scratch for him on my youngest daughters 1st and his 8th because he loves it so much. They weren't bad cakes, just wasn't the kind of cake he was looking for. You know with all the colorful icing and whatnot. Needless to say he didn't eat them. For his 6th birthday year we bought him an ice cream cake from Carvel. Those are gluten free as long as you pick the toppings that go on the inside that doesn't have gluten. That wasn't a great success either because he's not a fan of ice cream. Sooo he hasn't had the pleasure of having cake, a really good birthday cake, since I allowed him to cheat once, maybe 5 or 6 years ago.

So since my husband found this place I figured we would go for it. Since he's not really getting to much for his birthday because like I said it's hard to figure out what to do for a child with autism at his age. I placed an order for a 1/4 sheet cake to pick up for Saturday, the price, $88! Unbelievable. But that's the price you pay for specialty items so I say why not. I just told him a few minutes ago we would have some cake. Now he's bugging me about cake. I explained to him Saturday so let see how many times he asks me now.

We did manage to make it to Pump It Up for him. He really loves it there and almost went right in with his shoes on and everything. At first all he wanted to do was bounce. That was until he got in a bounce that had a slide and he had to go down. From that point on all he did was slide. He enjoyed himself so much that I couldn't really get a good picture of him. I have a couple, but if I kept trying I would have kept getting the same picture over and over again. When it was time to leave my kids were getting water from the water fountain and he said drink water. He seems to be becoming more verbal again since the regression I've seen. It's good to see, however, I don't allow him to drink water that isn't double filtered, so he had to wait until we got home. Here's a few pictures of him. The one with his older sister I love!

Loved the moon bounce

Finally enjoying the slide

Jordan with SiSi
Going down face first
Then the plan will be on Saturday go to Toys R Us and pick out a toy for him to have. I didn't have time to do that today. We'll probably cook on the grill for the older folks of the house and allow him to eat his Udi's pizza and then the cake. Hopefully he will enjoy it. If not, a few folks in this house will be putting on a couple of pounds because for that price, none of it is going to waste. More pics to come....

Popular Posts