Great news!

Today marks the fourth day in a row that I have given Jordan the organic milk I wanted to implement due to the mineral deficiencies I believe he had due to the overdose of fiber. I started it a little over a week ago and it was the only thing that I gave him that showed a dramatic decrease in the spasms. When he ran out, he was without it for about 3 days and I noticed they started to pick up again. But after consuming it these past few days I haven't seen any. My husband gave him his nightly soak in Epsom salt yesterday evening while I was at Communion service and he said he only saw him spasm a few times.

This is huge for me because since May or June I have been trying to figure out where they originated and what I could do to get rid of them. I've tried remedy after remedy, idea after idea, but nothing worked. Some helped them subside, but nothing truly got rid of them. Loading him with Gatorade's, suspending the supplements, green juicing, Epsom salt baths and magnesium creams could not do what the milk has done in a matter of days. I now know that giving Jordan too much fiber caused numerous issues with his health. I'm pretty sure he was dehydrated because of the amount of water he wanted to drink. He possibly had a magnesium deficiency because the baths and the creams had them decline slightly. The green juice didn't seem to do much at all, but that could be because the spasms were a result of both and now that he is starting to get the calcium he needs his body is finally responding. Now I finally see the results of my answered prayers.

If I ever had any reason to doubt the Word of God or the teaching I receive from my pastor, today would mark the day I would revisit why. You see, as I stated before, when you have an issue, problem, something that weighs heavy on your heart; most people believe you pray once and let God do the rest. It's thought that if you keep praying you don't think God has it under control, He's not doing anything about it, or we are bothering Him with something we have already asked about. However, we need to pray continually for the desires of our hearts for many reasons.
  • We need to constantly pray for what we want because when the prayer is answered we can recognize that He did it instead of us. (John 14:13-14)
  • We need to constantly pray for what we want because it shows humbleness before God. (2 Chron. 7:14)
  • We need to constantly pray for what we want because it gives us discernment. (Prov. 2:3-5)
  • Lastly we need to constantly pray for what we want until we feel a release. (Romans 4:20-21)  
When it is God's time, He will give you the desires of your heart that's according to His, will and the pressure of that situation will be lifted from you. Praying for Jordan's spasms, I have felt that release. And after weeks of what I thought was the answer and not seeing results, my faith still did not falter. It lead me to what would help and now he is on his way to recovering from the damage done. His word is true and it gives me so much faith going into the future when it comes to treating Autism, and other aspects of my life that I need His help in. My God is amazing.


PS. I want to share with those of you who read who have children with Autism and have certain traits such as pica or hyperactivity. This didn't necessarily help me, but it may be able to help you help your child stop such habits. I hope it is useful.


Popular Posts