Getting better

Things have been a little up and down for me lately. Being a child walking with God and praying in faith has the tendency to have a lot of tribulation come your way. Especially when you are getting close, the enemy does things to make you just want to give up right at the brink of your breakthrough. I will not let him win. I pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." I know my time is coming.

Jordan has been a handful the last week. The last note I received from his teacher was not to pleasant. So I kept him home the last two days of last week. I needed to get some kind of order in him. With punishment and allowing the supplements and nutrients in the fiber and green juice to kick in, today he seems to be back on track. I didn't receive a note about his behavior at all yesterday. Since November 5th I have been green juicing everyday for him. In addition I added fiber on the 10th and increased to 2 tsb. a day. Someone his age should be getting about 16-19 grams of fiber a day. He's getting 12g. I don't want to go to much beyond that because in addition to that I am giving him milk, the green juice and I have stopped the Gatorades. Let me backtrack a little.

When God had revealed to me that the issue with the spasms was due to a magnesium deficiency, I started to green juice for him the kale, spinach and collard greens that I used to give him before the end of the 5th grade. But after doing more research I saw that his body could be deficient in other minerals too. Spasms aren't just from a magnesium deficiency. They can come from lacking iron, calcium and zinc as well. I had made a decision that I was going to implement giving him a glass of milk a day to help with the calcium. That came to me because about a month ago, Jordan was asking for cereal for breakfast. Something out of the normal. When he was becoming dehydrated, his body was calling for water, I wondered if him wanting cereal was his body calling for milk. He had cereal maybe a total of 3 or 4 times before he stopped asking for it. However, I figured it wouldn't hurt to give him the calcium,  just incase magnesium isn't the only issue. He has started back on his iron supplement and his super nu-thera vitamins and minerals, that also have what he needs. So far the results are looking good. When I see the spasms they don't look like they did when they first started. They seem a bit softer. Also they also seem to come around the time he is eating or a while after. As if his body is getting the proper nutrients, but because the foods that he eats aren't full of magnesium, calcium, etc., it reacts to it. I'm not sure but either way they look better and I still have faith that this will resolve itself if I continue on with this regimen.

Now on to the behaviors and whatnot. I added the fiber because green juicing alone wouldn't be able to help him in that area for a while. The body can only absorb so many vitamins and nutrients at a time. So with his body trying to get everything it needs from the greens, I believed it would take some time for the fiber to play a prominent role in lowering his blood sugar. But I also had to think back to when this occurred before. Part of me felt I needed to cut back on the amount of sugars he was ingesting. While I can't completely cut them out, I have stopped with the Gatorades. I think the dehydration phase is over. No candies or fruit snacks and only juice at breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am hoping that decreasing what he intakes along with the fiber he gets from the supplement and what he can get from the vegetables, can put him back to where he can follow directions in school and focus on his work. After this the only other thing I can do is increase the fiber just a tad. I stopped the ALA (alpha lipoic acid) because it only seemed to work when I gave him more than I was supposed to on accident, and I just don't want to give him that much without consulting his doctor first. He goes back December 16th, If I still have any concerns I can address them then.

All in all I can say that this is the most crazy experience I have had when it came to treating my son with Autism. It was the most difficult because in addition to medical problems he faced with the dehydration and the spasms, he had the bad behaviors as well. And trying to give his body a break to try and get the spasms under control did more harm than good. Not to mention having no tests to run to find out the cause, no test results to go over to see if he's doing better, and the thing I dislike the most; no chelation. I mean I know that I may not see the results I would love to see because if his body is timed out because of other issues, removing the lead is going to be a lost cause. I just keep so much focus on removing the lead because I believe that once it is gone, things will be normal. But I have to remember that the body works as a whole and fixing one thing isn't going to fix everything. I just pray that by the time we are ready to go back to the doctor, we can run the test to find out his allergen situation, which is why we stopped chelation in the first place, and get back to removing the metals. As long as it's according to God's plan of course. 1 John 5:14 "Now this is the confidence we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us." I know the will He has for me when it comes to Jordan. If it wasn't meant to be, He wouldn't have given me the provisions He has to go through with the process. He wouldn't have placed people in my life to get me there. He wouldn't have showed me results that I have seen after He became the center of my life. All I have to do is sit back and wait on Him and receive it.


Popular Posts