Problem with a supplement?

As most of you know I was having a problem with Jordan having stomach contractions since about the time school ended. When I first took notice and thought it was something I should look into I came up with many different theories as to what it could be. The first was dehydration. I thought he was getting to much fiber and not enough water to go with it. After that did not solve the problem, I considered maybe I was giving him his last dose of fiber to late. With school being out he eats dinner much later and because I had to give him so many supplements at breakfast time, I gave it to at lunch and dinner. When that didn't change anything I stopped with the fiber altogether. I felt maybe he was feeling to full because of the amount of fiber he was getting. I stopped giving it to him and it slowed down. Some days he seems to have the contractions and some he didn't, but it was never as severe as the first time. But without him having the fiber his bad behaviors started to come back at home.

He had been without fiber for a few weeks, but having to add the newest 3 supplements since his last doctor's visit it has been a little difficult trying to fit all in within a decent time frame. I never stressed it because if he didn't get something he didn't get it. Doing it made me take notice that some days when he didn't get certain supplements, he didn't have any contractions at all. So on a day when he didn't have the Gaba and L-Theanine, the next day I gave him the Gaba. Still no contractions. But just this past Sunday when my husband does his duties with Jordan while I am at church, he gave Jordan the L-Theanine and I noticed the contractions came back. Later on that night I looked up side effects of L-Theanine and L-Theanine and stomach contractions. I came across a website that listed the 5 top side effects of the supplement. Number 3 was gastrointestinal symptoms. It noted that some people noticed having bloating or stomach cramps when taking too much. Now it's possible that because I increased his dosage on my own is the reason why he was having these problems. That alongside with the fiber was probably just too much for his system to handle. So because of that, I am taking away the L-Theanine permanently until our doctors appointment in about a month. Reasons being, it never seemed to work from the beginning when I gave it to him to try and help with the OCD like the Gaba did. Also because of the contractions. When I first increased the dosage I never had this problem until the fiber came along. But I want to keep the fiber as part of his diet because I noticed a difference in his behavior when I added it.

Although I'm under supervision of a doctor when giving Jordan these supplements, there are some things I decided to give Jordan myself. Like the honey water and green juicing. The fiber was also something that I added, but the increased dosage of the L-Theanine I did on my own. I only increased the dosage without permission because he already takes 12 Gaba pills everyday and even though that's the one that has been proven to help with the OCD symptoms, I didn't want to increase it any more. So I did so with the L-Theanine. I consulted with the doctor the few times I needed to increase the Gaba so I thought to do so with this supplement would be okay. But even if I didn't check with the doctor, I should have checked with God. James 1:5 says "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him". I was wrong in not asking if this was the appropriate thing to do and because of it I have done more harm than good because of the consequences that occurred after.

Each day I am learning and growing and applying the word I learn in class and at church in my life. I will always make mistakes because I am human and sometimes I choose to do things my way. And every time He will show me the error of my ways and get me back on track because He loves me. Because He has a will for my life that is not finished. I believe something bigger is in store coming up. To be continued.......




Popular Posts