By George I THINK I've got it


While praying circles around Jordan's health and the wisdom that surrounds his stomach issues I think I have finally figured out what the issue is. I continue to pray that the problem I've narrowed it down to is indeed the issue and can work on it from here on out.

the brand I used
When the contractions started back up just a few days ago, I realized the one thing that was truly different, was the cornmeal that I used to fry his chicken. The mac&cheese was not a red flag anymore because I gave it to him on days when he didn't have the chicken and there were no symptoms. It came to me when I was in church. I realized that when I first gave Jordan the fried chicken in the torti masa, it was after school had ended for the summer, which is when the hiccup like contractions started. I figured that while it had given him an issue with his gut or stomach, the supplements that I gave him, the L-Theanine and the fiber, just irritated it slightly because it wasn't completely back to normal from the inflammation that the cornmeal had done. So over time he was just getting better because nothing was being given to him that affects it. I kept note in my mind to research the corn issue although I felt it might be pointless because the more and more I thought about it, the more and more I thought it couldn't be because he eats popcorn frequently and I have never seen anything like this before.

When I finally got a chance to sit down at my computer to see what I could find about cornmeal being an issue but not having a problem with popcorn. I was astounded at what I found and it could have been a problem long before this issue that occurred when giving him food fried in cornmeal. I found that a lot of people that went gluten free, and had been for a while, eventually grew an intolerance to corn. Most didn't have a problem with corn on the cob or popcorn. I also came across information that corn may contain gluten as well. Corn gluten. So there you have it. Corn is becoming and issue with Jordan and not only did he get it on his chicken, he also had almost a whole bag of tortilla chips a while back and some popcorn just the other day. I'm glad I could somewhat get to the bottom of this issue because as I have said before, I don't know if what is causing the contractions is giving my son any type of pain. I do hope removing it will help with the behaviors as well. I've seen where people have removed it and just as when they removed gluten; a fog of some sorts, was lifted from their mind and they felt relief. I'm thinking when Jordan had something that had a corn ingredient, it triggered some kind of behavior. I hope this changes a lot.

I never thought to record what would happen when introducing a new food to Jordan. As long as it was gluten free I thought there would never be any problems. Now I'm trying backtrack to think if when I noticed the L-Theanine was a problem, was it because he had the tortilla chips. I'm realizing there are so many levels when it comes to Jordan and Autism that I have to be aware of EVERYTHING. Proverbs 4:6-7 "Do not forsake her, and she will preserve you; Love her and she will keep you. Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding." I don't know if I hadn't have been praying circles around the wisdom I need to help my son with Autism if I would have come to this conclusion as soon as I did. For some reason praying for wisdom has my routine off when it comes to Jordan and the supplements he takes. Which is allowing me to take notice as to what is giving him the problems he is having. I'm so thankful. After all these years of dealing with Autism I still don't have all the answers, but I'm happy that things are happening that is allowing me to continue to learn what to do to help him. That there is still hope. I'm never giving up until my last option is exhausted and it looks like God is always showing me something new, so options will always be there. I thank Him for the problems that come along the way because it helps to bring a resolution to what it is and continues on the road to healing.

 2 "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the 
testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let 
patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, 
lacking nothing."
James 1:2-4

Popular Posts