John 14:27

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I
give to you; not as the world 
gives do I give to you. Let
not your heart be troubled, neither 
let it be afraid."

Ever since I found out they were moving 6th grade from Jordan's school of 3 years I was devastated. I was not ready for Jordan to move on to middle school. However, I wasn't ready for Jordan to leave the first elementary school he attended when we moved to this area. I wasn't ready for Jordan to attend school in the summer time because of what he couldn't retain during the regular school year. I was not ready for Jordan to ride a school bus at the young age of 3 to attend early childhood education. And I most certainly wasn't ready for Jordan to have Autism. Everything I wasn't ready for, always worked out in the end. So as quickly as this school year snuck up on me, and the hassles we had placing Jordan in the CRI program, I thought I was going to be a nervous wreck today. But today was one of the most calm days I have ever had.

To start things off, I never heard any word from the bus driver about what time they would be picking up and dropping Jordan off. No messages, no letter in the mail, nothing. I know he now has a late starting day because middle school here starts at 9:00, but sadly lets out at 4:20. But I was not worried. I woke Jordan up along with Kaiyah so when all was said and done, he would definitely be ready when the bus arrived. He was done with breakfast before I left out to take Kai, which was around 7:50. I got back in the house from dealing with finding her teacher, classroom and desk 10 minutes after 8. Of course Jordan was still home, playing the Wii. So I waited on the couch by the window for the bus. And waited, and waited, and waited. Around 8:53 my husband said, I don't think the bus is coming. I said well that's fine. I'll wait until I think all has died down at the school and take him. But at 9:06 a bus rode by. I told Jordan to get his bookbag because that was more than likely his bus. They circled around and came back. They let me know their normal pickup time would be 8:54. A strange time considering school starts at 9, but that's not a big concern. What I needed to figure out at that point was if I wanted to continue waking him at 7 or let him sleep until I come back from dropping of Kai. If I get him up earlier, I can give him more supplements before he goes off and not have to struggle to give him a lot when he gets home close to 5.

After a while I head up to the school to meet the teacher he will have for this year and to see where this school is located. They have a spot for parents that drop and pick up kids that is about a million miles from the front of the school. But I didn't mind the walk. I sign in and go to the office to find out where Jordan's class is. I mention to the lady he is new in the CRI program. She  looks him up and tells me they don't have him placed in the CRI. First thing that ran through my mind is I hope he is not sitting in a typical classroom right now. She said she would have to call Ms. Hayes. Ms. Hayes may be a principle or a coordinator, but whoever she was she was there in less than a minute. When I explained he came to school on the bus and all we went to get him here she thought that the parties involved didn't go through the proper procedure. But I followed James 1:19 "So then my beloved brethren, let everyone be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath." So as we proceeded on to the CRI classrooms to find Jordan, he was indeed in one of the classrooms sitting as nicely as ever. He was placed right, they just had the information wrong in their system. But not once did I get worked up over it because I knew that if there had of been some sort of mixup, it would be fixed. I spoke with his teacher, who is very friendly and very interested in learning about Jordan and his habits. I was very pleased with how the school handled everything.

When I went to pick up Kai from school everyone that knows I am Jordan's mom questioned how was his day and voiced how much they missed him. Already asking me when was I going to bring him back. His former teacher and aide stood with me while I waited for baby girl to come out and it felt really good to see the love they have for my son and gives me reassurance that he was well taken care of while here for the past few years. And just when I didn't think it could get any better, the bus pulls up to my house bringing Jordan home at 4:18. Odd, but maybe the schedule is a little different for those in the CRI program. I don't know, I know I was pleasantly surprised he was home that early, and even happier that he came home and he was happy. But the true highlight of my day.....was this little boy in Jordan's new class. When he waved to me my heart melted. While conversing with the teacher he came over to speak with her and shook my hand. When I was leaving out I walked over to Jordan to say goodbye, who was sitting next to this wonderful little boy who wanted to shake my hand again. But this time he turned my hand and kissed it. If I didn't know what my passion and purpose was, I would have found out today.

Popular Posts