More trouble

Seems like I can't get away from this stomach issue with Jordan. Since removing the L-Theanine it hasn't been as bad as it was, but when implementing the fiber back, it comes and goes. Only because I try to give it to him every other day. However just last night I made Jordan fried chicken legs and rice macaroni and cheese and it came back. I know corn can be an issue with some kids just like white rice can be. When I give him rice I give him organic jasmine rice, which he had the night before in his favorite African dish jaloff. However, this brand of mac&cheese lists that it uses organic rice macaroni. So i'm not sure of the kind of organic rice used. It's very disheartening that when I try to increase my sons limited diet with healthy foods, it still may be an issue with him because of the possibility of his bowel being inflamed. At this point I don't know where the contractions are coming from or if they are coming from everything that could possibly be a problem. The L-Theanine, the fiber, the corn, and the rice. I can always substitute the corn meal with flax seed meal. I tried giving Jordan the vegan version of the macaroni and cheese that was gluten, soy, and dairy free as well, but he didn't like it as much as the other and took a long time eating it. Fortunately we only have a little over a month to see his doctor again to try to get to the root of this problem.

Hopefully with all the information I have on what seems to be problems, we can figure it out. I just hope that he can be allowed to eat the foods he really likes. I'm pretty sure he's tired of chicken nuggets and fries, hot dogs and chips, pizza and tacos all of the time. It's good to give him fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, jaloff, and my homemade version of hamburger helper. Being able to count 10 foods that I know he can eat is a wonderful feeling. I know there's more out there that he will eat, but can't due to his diet. Until I get to the doctor, my main concern is working on this gastrointestinal problem he may have. I have to remove a food I think is a problem and introduce each one at a time like I did when it came to the supplements. Hopefully I won't have to have to many restrictions on the new foods I would like for him to continue to have. Because he's so open to eating and trying almost anything, and I've already given it to him, I would hate to have to take away a food. It was a long road to get to this point.

While I continue to walk this road, I have started praying circles around quite a few things that I need God to help me with. One being the insight in helping Jordan. To be more conscious about the things that are ailing him that I think may be helping him or healthy for him. I have had that voice in my head tell me to not only watch if what he eats is giving him problems internally, but also to see if certain foods affect his behavior. But another prayer I have circled is for Jordan to be healed. My DDS sisters and I have taken it upon ourselves to read a book outside of class called the Circle Maker. This book explains how to pray circles, when to pray circles and what to pray circles about. The author explains that when we don't pray for things that are extraordinary, unfeasible for us, it's an insult to God. He wants us to pray for things that are out of our reach so He can receive the victory when our prayers are answered. If that's not enough to keep praying for my son's healing I don't know what is. There was a scripture in the book that was given to a family within his ministry that had a son that lost speech. Didn't quite have a diagnosis but high functioning autism was mentioned. The referenced scripture was Isaiah 59:21 and it reads "As for Me," says the Lord, "this is My covenant with them: My spirit who is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth, shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your descendants, nor from the mouth of your descendants' descendants," says the Lord, "from this time and forevermore."

When it is time, the Lord will repair and restore what was lost in my son because of the covenant He made long ago. All He needs from me is my obedience, and believing He can make the impossible possible. So I will keep praying those circles around my son and thanking God for who He is and what He is capable of.

Popular Posts