The Dream Chasers

It's cold, dark, scary
I try to move my I can't
I feel a rush of cold air pass by
What happened? What was that?
I turn in circles having no idea
     what's surrounding me
I want to scream but I can't
I whisper "help". No one can hear
Can it be? Is it just a nightmare?
I try to wake myself up
Why won't I wake up?
Maybe I should run
I hit a wall
Turn and go the other way
Okay I'm running.....and running....still running
Damn, I'm still in the same spot
When will this nightmare end?
Wait, what's that ahead?
People? Light?
I'm about to make it out!
I stop in my tracks and look around
I'm surrounded by so many people
     just like me
We stand looking through the glass
Seeing a sense of calmness over there
But on our side is chaos
What's next? What do we do?
Only we know what's on this side
Separately we can't get through
Grab hands, altogether lets push
     and break this wall, this autism, down

Popular Posts