Have You

Have you ever looked into someone's eyes
     And gotten back a blank stare
Have you ever gone in for a hug
     But there was no emotion there
Have you loved something with all your heart
     And not feel that love returned
Have you lost the passion for something
     Because it was too hard to be earned
Have you ever felt incomplete
     Because a part of you is gone
Have you ever stopped to wonder
     What it was that you did wrong
Have you ever tried to sleep so hard
     In hopes you don't wake up
Have you since tried to move on
     But still felt like you were stuck
Have you ever just wanted to give up
     Or go back in time to change
Have you stopped to think
     That with joy there will be pain
Have you questioned this
     Is it the path that you must take
Have you ever noticed
     That God doesn't make mistakes
He gave you to me incomplete
     So I can make you whole
I'm so honored He trusted me
     To play this important role
Although the road is tough at times
     And I want to fall apart
I wouldn't be here without you Jordan
     Because you became my heart

Popular Posts