So far so good

Today marks about 2 weeks Jordan has not had any brown rice or brown rice products. I made a note that I removed the brown rice from his diet around March 4th or 5th due to his behaviors still not being where we would like to see him. However, that first week I did give him some on two occasions because I thought the fact that he was getting unapproved snacks on the bus were the issue. After seeing an increase in stimming after eating it, I did not give him any more. The week after his behaviors were about 50% good. He had his ups and downs, but this was the week I became aware he was getting snacks on the bus, so that could have been playing a big part. Monday was the start of a new week where no snacks were given on the bus so no gluten or salicylates, and no rice. So far his week he has been about 90% well-behaved. The worse things he has done is rip paper off his desk, ball up one his worksheets and get out of his seat to close the classroom door. Small noises here and there but I don't count his noise making because that's part of who he is. I was informed he cried and called for me while he was in the bathroom at school but sometimes when something comes to mind he will just say it. I don't think anything was wrong with him. And these things could have come from him washing his hands with the green dish soap we still had because we ran out of the free and clear.

Per the last post, I started the multi flora spectrum probiotic this past Sunday. I believe it has contributed to his behavior being better. I started at a smaller dose so his body could adjust. Already I think I need to increase it, but I'm waiting for a new bottle to come in. To make sure there is no break in receiving it, I will keep at 1. However, I haven't gotten a notification that his supplements have been shipped and because they have to stay cold, they only ship on certain days. I may not get it until Monday anyway. I do have the CD-Biotic to give, but I just sent in the request for approval and it takes months to go through the process to be approved, so I can't just give it to him. Hopefully it will come today because it's all he has enough for. Even though it seems to be helping with his behaviors, he is showing signs of eczema again. His hands and arms are scaling and he is constantly scratching his legs no matter how much lotion I put on them. I'm not sure if it's a sign of too much good flora or not. I'm lead to believe it is because even though his skin was dry prior to adding the flora, it seemed to have gotten worse after adding it. But what I'm wondering is, if it is too much good flora, how do I give him bad flora to balance it?

I would research to find out, but yesterday I came across this ultimate bundle of books, e-courses and recipes to help with gut health. It was posted by the holistic doctors office Jordan goes to. The price for all the information was typically $600+ dollars but they had it on sale for $29.95. I purchased it and it is a lot of information to go through. Some of the online videos will expire on the 27th which means I have to be focused when watching. That's going to be extremely hard to do because I had to take my granddaughters on short notice and this is a very busy weekend with Buddy Break Saturday and Communion Sunday. I'm going to have to find a few hours to set aside to truly focus so I can get what I need to get out of it so I can start working on healing his gut. I know it's probably wise to wait until I go to the doctor before implementing anything new, which I will. However, I want to be armed with as much information as a can be about the fact that root of Jordan's bad behaviors and probably a bunch of other issues is his gut. I want to be able to have all questions available so they can be answered and if not at least plant the seed to have the doctor research and follow up. It's obvious from everything that has transpired thus far and everything that I am coming across that the gut is the way. I'm excited to see what happens when it is healed and working the way it should.

Part of me wonders how all this will work with Jordan being on the Feingold diet. Yes, the point of getting all this information is to heal the gut so salicylates, dairy, gluten and whatever else is giving Jordan problems can be tolerated. He will have to eat the foods necessary to to be able to fix the problem. I'm just slightly concerned that it will give him some sort of set back, especially if some of the ones required can not be found on the Feingold list of foods. I need to start the process of healing ASAP so we can start to add more to his ever so lacking diet. But I don't want it to trigger any kind of regression that will make him act as bad as he did when he was getting foods with salicylates. I will need to thoroughly go through both the list of approved foods and foods that help heal the gut to find what common foods there are between them. Proverbs 10:17 (NASB) "He is on the path of life who heeds instruction, But he who ignores reproof goes astray." I will have to follow the instructions of both the Feingold diet and the gut health bundle to the T. Doing anything not required or straying from the path will hinder any progress we have made. And I am up for the challenge.



PS- His supplements came yesterday 👍

Comments

Popular Posts