Small help

At this moment it is 3:12 in the morning. After taking a nap and waking around 1 am for my nightly routine, I now can't sleep. Mainly because I am thinking of Jordan, his behaviors and the Feingold diet. I think it is weighing on my mind so much now because earlier today I read the post I wrote back on December 16th after I purchased the membership. It made me recall how happy I was that so many of the foods he used to eat that I removed when I was doing my own version of the diet, he was now able to have again. It gave me so much hope that his behaviors were going to be good and he was going to have a well balanced diet. But today, that isn't the case.

Don't get me wrong, I still have a lot of hope and faith. Not necessarily in the diet per se, but in God. Galatians 3:22 (NKJV) "But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe." He showed me this diet for a reason and I know it helps because just seeing his reaction when getting anything artificial is proof. However, his problem extends far beyond that. He is sensitive to almost anything he eats due to the underlying guts issues. I know I am becoming very redundant in talking about this, but I am very focused on it because right now the Feingold diet should be resolving the issues I am facing with his behaviors and so far it's only been a small help. I guess I shouldn't say small, because there is a noticeable difference. His outbursts aren't everyday, but his diet is extremely limited now, which still isn't healthy. Even though I know I have to give him a variety of foods to get and keep him well nourished, I still find myself cutting back on other foods when it doesn't agree with him and causes a negative reaction. It's like a natural reflex because for it to have such an effect on him, it cannot be good. Why would I want to keep giving him something that isn't good?

So all I can think about is healing his gut. Which is obviously getting worse. I just came across an article that really broke down the leaky gut and how it happens. The small intestine has small pores that allow the proper nutrients into the bloodstream and keep the toxins out. It becomes compromised when you are chronically constipated or there isn't a good balance of the gut flora. Jordan has probably faced both of those issues at some time in his life. So the pores that allow the absorption of nutrients into the blood become enlarged and undigested food that normally wouldn't make it through, makes its way in. That causes the body to recognize it as foreign and go into attack mode. It builds up antibodies for the food particles AND healthy cells, which lead to food allergies and autoimmune disorders. Reading this has now made me see why Jordan is becoming sensitive to more foods.

This new, well not so new, information has answered my prayer. I try not to jump into any decisions without giving it to God. And when doing that, I have to be patient and wait for His answer. He answers on His time and I know He required something of me today that I was obedient to. After I followed His order, my mentor said in our ministry meeting that we are to be obedient and let God handle the rest. I'm so glad I did so. I had been contemplating adding the probiotics back into his routine and now I know this is what I am supposed to do. Seeing him become allergic to almost everything he eats and reading this article has put me back on track to helping him. It may not be enough to heal his gut, but it is a start to helping him become more tolerant of the foods he should be able to have on the diet so it won't be so restricted and also be more nourishing. I tell you God works, even in the early, early morning.  Signing off.....4:28 am.

Popular Posts