God is speaking

Today I finally got a chance to sit down and go through the many pages of documents I received from the ultimate bundle for gut health. Jordan is still having slight behavior problems at school. He is still rocking his chair and balling up paper. He constantly is getting out of his chair to close doors. But at church he is almost an angel compared to how he used to be. The Buddy Break that just passed he had one outburst, but for the most part he was well-behaved. He was very social, getting up to speak to people I guess he recognized, and even stood in the circle when we prayed both in the opening and closing of the respite. He is very focused when coloring. He brought home a paper he colored in school and showed it to me. I think he is even impressed with how far that has come. But back to the problems, it seems that no matter what I give him that is Feingold approved, he still has some issues. It's all God's way of saying I really need to focus on healing his gut. The GAPS diet seems like the best way. Yes there are alternative, short cuts I could take. However, I want his gut restored and I want to go about it the right way so these types of issues will go away and never come back.

I remember just a few short months ago I wanted to start Jordan on the GAPS diet. I was downloading and trying to print out information to have handy when I was ready to start, but it just wouldn't work. I felt that was God's way of saying that this particular diet wasn't for him. But today I realized it wasn't that it wasn't for him, it just wasn't the time. (Ecclesiastes 3:1, Habakkuk 2:3) Yes I was interested in healing his gut, but there was way more to it than that. I had to understand the severity of what I was about to get into. I had to fully learn he had a leaky gut by seeing he had a growing list of foods he was becoming sensitive to. I had to learn how his gut became leaky and what actually happens to the gut in this case to address it properly for the best results. I think going into the diet when I first wanted to, I probably would have given up because of how strict it is, especially if no results were seen right away. I mean from what I understand so far, he can't have anything but soup with meat, and fermented foods for the first stage of the introduction diet. I am in the process of finding out if it has to be homemade because that is all I am seeing. If that is the case I have a lot more to invest in. Such as buying a crock pot and buying food for the soup in bulk. Finding where to get the best organic bones to make the bone broth and keep within the Feingold diet as to not interfere with what progress I have made already. I am still thinking I should start the diet when school lets out.

This diet requires you to eat nothing but soups for breakfast, lunch and dinner for quite some time. It would be impossible to give him soup at school. I did have a thermos that would have been good for it, but it disappeared close to the beginning of the school year. I would have to invest in a thermos for his soup that would be tolerable of the heat, but not so nice that someone would like to keep it. Because the thermos that went missing, was very nice. But I do believe it would be best to wait, not only for the reason above, but because there are some foods that I will have to introduce that can be problematic. Stage 2 of the introduction diet requires you add raw organic egg yolk to each cup of soup. Early skin testing showed he was allergic to egg along with peanuts, shellfish and other foods in those categories. There is a sensitivity test you can do buy mixing the food with water and rubbing it on the skin. You do this around bedtime and when the child awakens, check the area for redness. If so, you have to avoid it for a few weeks and then try the test again until no reaction. Unfortunately the website doesn't tell you how long each stage is supposed to last. I will find out more when my book comes on Friday. Until then I will start to ween him off the potato chips because what I have read from some of the information I received about healing the gut, potatoes, which is a nightshade vegetable, has to be removed as well.  Well technically everything has to be removed since he will be on nothing but soup for a while, but the potatoes would be helping with the right now.

Now, being equipped with the knowledge I have, I still plan to give Jordan more foods on the Feingold diet, but modified. For instance I can start to give him the beef and broccoli with rice again, but use white instead of brown to lower the amount of arsenic he will receive and maybe only give him a half a cup, two times a week. I will stay away from dairy, but I can give him the macaroni and cheese that he use to eat because they have a dairy free version. However, after typing macaroni and cheese I got a call from Jordan's school to pick him up because he was extra today. Looks like God is telling me to change this diet right now. Isaiah 30:21 (NIV) "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, 'This is the way: walk in it.'" God has already told me the way I should go. The way of healing through the GAPS diet. So when He speaks, you respond. I have no choice but to get started on this diet as soon as the book comes on Friday and there is a reason why. Do I know that reason? I'm not sure. I can speculate but speculation doesn't matter because the result is we are starting the diet, ASAP. I fasted, prayed and waited patiently to get the answer I needed to move forward with correct diet for Jordan. I now have my answer. Not only on what to start, but when to start. I will get back to you once I start getting everything in motion. Get ready for the ride.




Comments

Popular Posts