Success in humility

Yesterday marked school day number 5 where Jordan has had no behavioral issues at school whatsoever. This weeks communication journal spanned one page instead of the normal 2 or 3 going back and forth about what he did and what I will do to make adjustments. I am humbled because when I came up with remedies on my own nothing worked and when I let God have control at the doctor's appointment, results were seen. When I came up with supplements I think would best benefit Jordan the doctor would agree and he would start them but nothing ever, ever had the success of when I wanted to put Jordan on Sac B but was told the issue was really biofilm. Now it is as clear as day, let Him be in control and follow his lead. 

For over 3 years I have been plagued off and on with problematic behaviors in Jordan. It started when he was in elementary school getting up and running around the classroom with a classmate. I tried new supplements and increasing old ones to no avail. I removed a lot of the sugary foods and candies he ate with little improvement and added fiber to his diet which had a big affect, but too much caused him to become dehydrated. I tried this and that, that and this and nothing worked. Key word there is I. When I decided I wanted to do the fast with my church, I had in mind what I would like to see God change in my life for surrendering to His will. To be honest, Autism wasn't it. But when I decided to read more since cutting out TV, the first book I was led to choose was, "The Un-prescription for Autism". From there the fast, rather God, took control and it has since become my main focus. I found all this great information about healing with food in the book and even through the church when catching up on Bible study's from 2014. It was amazing how everything was falling in line, but that's just how God is.

Since being on the biofilm defense and the Sac B I wanted him on, Jordan has been a lot calmer. He still has physical stimming but the verbal stimming is nothing like before. When he gets worked up he also calms down a lot easier than before. As I type he is downstairs in the living room with his father, laying on the couch. No tablet, no Alvin and the Chipmunks, just chilling with dad. Probably giggling for no reason, but still the changes are astonishing to say the least. Usually he's running around making a whole lot of noises and playing the Nick Jr. app too loud. Not that I mind those things, it's just very different to see this side of him. It pleases me because if he's calm, maybe the pain, or should I say discomfort, he was having due to the leaky gut has subsided. I don't know if he felt uncomfortable or not, but to see these medicines do such a work that makes him less irritable, leads me to believe that maybe there was something there that he couldn't tell me. I'm so elated about this turn of events. Elated and humbled. 

I am humbled because I never felt as if I was in control of what happens at his doctor's appointments, but in a way I was. I always led with observations of Jordan and follow up with something I found in an article or book after researching on the internet. And while I only thought to note his behavioral changes due to the antibiotic after reading a blog, there was a completely different dynamic to the way everything transpired. Since I've become more involved in the process by doing my own investigations of what I see, there's hasn't been anything that I brought up that she didn't give a supplement to treat it specifically. This time when I was sure the probiotic was going to be the fix we needed, I was approached with something different. Work on the biofilm? I tell you my eyes were rolling in my head. But I want to heal his gut. Little did I know that when I got home to see what I could find out about this biofilm, it would be the only thing that could work. Jordan's improved behaviors are all due to me surrendering my will for His. Romans 12:1 "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service." This is a scripture that has been with me for some time but now resonates with me because surrendering is sacrificing your wants to do things God's way. After all He's done for me, it's the least I can do.

Popular Posts