No more fear


Today's devotional talked about letting go of the props in your life. I never realized I had props. The book considers a prop to be something you rely upon to keep you safe, comfortable. I'm going to be a little more open with you than usual to get my point across. Bear with me.

I tend to equate the number of viewers of my blog to success. The more people who saw, the more who could possibly receive the message I was trying to share. My intentions were always pure and I never would incorporate God so it would be "blessed". God knows all your intentions and it wouldn't work anyway. I just always thought the more the better. However, that isn't so. My message isn't for everyone. It could be one person who reads a post and it makes them doublethink and start a relationship with Him. That is what I should consider a success, not that 20 something people read and did nothing to change their status with God from "it's complicated" to "in a relationship". I hope as time goes on my faithful readers learn that life isn't going to be all great once you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, but He can better equip you with the things you need to get over the hurdles of life with praise in your mouth.

Another prop I had was fear. As much as I talk about God and share that fear is not of Him, 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.", I still feared saying certain things because of what I have seen other Autism moms says. We are in the same body of water but it's clear many of us aren't rowing in the same direction. And that's okay, God created different strokes for different folks. But I refuse to hold back any longer. I will not fear saying what I feel. God's word says in Isaiah 14:3 "It shall come to pass in the day the Lord gives you rest from your sorrow, and from your fear and the hard bondage in which you were made to serve." Mark 11:23 (NIV) "Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them." Matthew 17:20 is relative to it as well. Which leads me to what I have to share below.

The New King James Version calls the section of Mark 9:13-29 A Boy is Healed. These verses talk about Jesus' disciples having a dispute with some scribes. Jesus asked about the discussion and one in the crowd spoke and said he had brought his son to Him, a boy that has a mute spirit. The spirit seizes him at times and causes him to fall down, convulse and foam at the mouth. The father asked the disciples to cast it out but they could not. Verse 19 goes, "He answered him and said, 'O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him to me.'" When the boy was brought to Him he saw him convulse and asked how long had this been happening, which the father said was from childhood. They had tried many different things that didn't work and wanted to know if Jesus could help them. Mark 9:23 "Jesus said to him, 'if you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.'" The father said he believed and asked Jesus to help his unbelief. Jesus then rebuked the unclean spirit and the boy who appeared to be dead was then touched by Jesus and he arose. When the disciples asked why could they not cast it out, verse 29, my favorite verse, "So He said to them, "This kind can only come out by prayer and fasting.""

God's word tells me that my son can be healed. And I shouldn't be ashamed to believe that he can be no matter what others say or feel. Even Autism mothers. Mark 8:38 says "For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes into the glory of His Father with the holy angels." Their story isn't my story. Their journey isn't my journey. Their beliefs aren't my beliefs. I know with my God all things are possible. So I'm speaking into existence my son will be healed. I am not afraid to say it anymore, being concerned of others speaking about there is no cure. I'm not talking about a cure, I'm talking about what my God can do. I will not apologize for trusting in His word and following the way God has directed me to bring forth what He told me will come to pass. My faith is in Him and in Him only and I will boldly speak it.

Popular Posts