Simply amazing

These past 23 days on the 40-day surrender fast have been simply amazing. I have gained so much knowledge as far as Jordan and his treatment. I told you about the Feingold diet which he's been on for about two weeks. With it I have seen minor improvements because I just can not seem to give him something new that doesn't have an adverse affect. Less than a week ago I gave him some tortilla chips which I was pretty sure wasn't going to be a problem. When I checked out the ingredients everything seemed to be in place. However instructions going forth on the diet mention that some foods have hidden preservatives. Plus it lists on the bag that the product is made with partial genetic engineering. For the Feingold diet that just sounds like a no-no. But I also gave him cauliflower that day too. Let this be a reminder; never give two new foods in one day. You have no idea which one is the problem if there ends up being one. I definitely will be staying away from the non-organic version of the chips. I will introduce the cauliflower again at a later date.

On the 13th we had another visit with his wonderful DAN! doctor. The visit didn't quite go as I had planned, but looking back I am really excited about what's to come. You see when I go in there I usually mention what I've researched and it makes sense to her and she adds it to his diet. So this go round I had my mind all set that he was going to be on the new probiotic I had read in the book, Saccharomyces Boulardii, Sac B for short. But God had other plans. I love doing things His way instead of my way. When I mentioned how the antibiotic he was on for his finger had made him focus a little more but then he seemed to have a negative reaction to it, it triggered something in the doctor about biofilm. I read about biofilm in the book as well but that didn't stand out to me as much because I thought by attacking that you were dealing with a more serious issue. Biofilm is a thin, shiny layer of bacteria that sticks to a surface. The book references that hiding under it is like taking shelter in a nuclear bunker. It also states that microbes, microorganisms that cause disease, protected by biofilm are 1,000 times more resistant to antimicrobials, which is an agent that kills the microorganisms. So if there is an issue with biofilm in Jordan, all the supplements I am giving him go right over it while the bacteria and yeast go untouched. And all this was found out because of an infected finger. Talk about all things working out for good.

So on Wednesday Jordan will be starting either the Biofilm Defense or the CD-Biotic. In my reading I found it's better to space out the days when you add more than one supplement. My plan was to start the Biofilm Defense to get working on breaking it down so the supplements I am giving him can actually work. This supplement is simply a combination of enzymes that can break down the biofilm which consists of sugar and fibrin components. While I was looking up what the job of the CD-Biotic is I found it contains 3 probiotic strands that support healthy gut flora under stress. One of them, the Saccharomyces Boulardii I was so adamant about Jordan taking. The enemy had me so focused on that one thing that I just knew was going to work that he had me doubting everything when I left the office. I couldn't see past him not being put on the supplement. But I kept trusting that God knew what He was doing. After all this was the first doctors appointment where He was in control. Since the fast has started things haven't been as I expected. I anticipated spiritual warfare on a grander scale. I mean don't get me wrong, the enemy has been trying to break me. But thanks to my DDS class I have learned how to fight with the spiritual weapons God provides us. 2 Corinthians 10:3-4 goes "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds," Although I wasn't at first, I am extremely excite about what's to come.

In addition to the newest supplements, the doctor did advise me that I can start Jordan on the bone broth to help with healing the gut. I found an organic brand in Wegman's that was less expensive that what I found online, don't have to worry about shipping costs and it is chicken based. The other I found was beef, which probably doesn't make much of a difference though. I will start that on Thursday being as though the kids don't have school Friday and I can see how Jordan will react to it since most of the ingredients are things he shouldn't have on the Feingold diet like apple cider vinegar, spices and carrots and I'm not convinced the apple cider vinegar will be an issue, but I know apples are. So today is the big day. I have decided to get working on the biofilm first so that will be what I will start first. However, because his doctor usually informs me when to start new supplements separately and hasn't this time, I am contemplating giving him both at the same time. All depends on what God advises me when I ask Him. Once I see improvements I will be back to tell you all about them.

Popular Posts