Updates and temptations

I was tempted to blog Tuesday night after seeing some results in the diet I have had Jordan on since Friday of last week. But something told me to hold off for just one more day. Just as I suspected, as of yesterday Jordan was back to normal. However, it was due to him having macaroni and cheese for dinner and again for lunch the next day. With this diet I have him on, it's really hard to know which products have hidden additives unless you get the Feingold handbook that lists everything. Not only that, but some foods listed to avoid on some websites may be ok on others. At this point, nothing I give him will be pre-cooked until the diet is at the stage where I can start introducing some of the items to see if he will have a reaction or not. It may take some time but it will totally be worth it.

I'm sure those of you who follow me regularly know that Tuesday is our Bible study. I enjoy taking Jordan with me into the house of the Lord because of obvious reasons, but this is also a time when I can see firsthand when a supplement or something I am giving him or removing from him is working. It's either that or Buddy Break. Anyway while in class Jordan was calm. I mean he had his moments where he rolled his favorite car on his favorite chair loudly, but when I told him to quiet down he did with no push back. He also didn't attempt to leave the room as much as usual. After a while of being there he played with the lighted spinning ball wands by placing one at each ear. Toward the end of class he was just sitting in the chair doing nothing. Not once did I have to bluff that I was going to take my belt off or anything. This was after 4 1/2 days on the diet. Nothing but cereal with coconut milk, chicken fried in coconut flour and canola oil and popcorn, tortilla chips or black bean chips. This was the Jordan I hadn't seen for some time, but it didn't stop there. Once we got home he may have done a little jumping here and there, but for the most part he was calm and had only a little vocal stimming. He even took his socks off on his own because he knows he can't wear them around due to the fact that he rips them up. This is also the night that I made the mistake of giving him that macaroni and cheese.

While eating it I noticed him laughing for no reason a little bit, but I contributed that to him not being totally free from the salicylates that are in him because of the small bout of stimming earlier. Plus I gave him the homemade hamburger helper twice since the diet started. Now I am a little leery about giving that to him again because of the processed meat and the cheese. Especially now since he has regressed since having the macaroni and cheese. If I give it to him now it will be hard to tell which one he is reacting to. I learned this food, the macaroni and cheese, was a problem when I got a note home that he was in and out of his seat while at school and after being home for some time his loud vocal stimming came back. I was upset and relived because even though there is a little bit of a setback right now, because he's home with me as his outbursts are loud, I am in the process of learning great information. Gaining this knowledge is not only going to benefit Jordan, but I'm hoping I can help others who are trying the same things I am. Just as I have my resources, I'd like to be a resource as well and give an indepth view of the ins and outs and how it affects me and my family and how I use God to get me through it all. I feel very positive about this diet because of the success rate and what I have seen so far since deciding to fast, discerning what God wanted me to fast from, and following through with it. Yea, I hit a speed bump, but you do that sometimes when you need to slow down where you are moving to fast, Obviously I was getting to ahead of myself.

So let me share with you this funny story that happened yesterday. Since I am fasting from TV, a lot of the shows I watch will have to stay on the DVR for a number of days. Since Jordan has had this little setback, he's up to old antics. One of those was deleting shows from the DVR in the den. Now here's the kicker. Dad caught him and sent him upstairs after the first time and he came in the room with me for like two seconds. He managed to make his way back down to the den without my husband hearing him and deleting more shows, and then deleting them from the deleted folder so they can't be restored. It was odd that he had the urge to do that because he's never gone that far before and because of the fact the he was just talked to about it and went right back and did it again. That made it even more eerie. Now when I found out about it I was a little bothered. I tried to find ways to restore the shows back to the DVR with a hack or something. Then after a while I realized this was a distraction, to have me worry about things that are of no concern to me right now. For 40 days I shouldn't worry about what I'm missing that's recorded and may be deleted because the point of the fast is to give it up not rush through it to get back to what you are letting go of. I think I spent a lot of my days thinking about watching the shows when it was over as much as I was researching, reading the word and devotionals and the book I am reading in the meantime. 1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not let you be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it." The choice came down to letting the devil have his way and worry about those shows, or stop thinking about it and focus on the right things. I chose the latter. It's only been 11 days and with the improvements I can see in Jordan and other areas in my life, no way I'm giving it up for something that's such an insignificant, unworthy part of my life. He is so awesome. I'm so in awe of how God wants us to stay on the straight and narrow that He will nudge you when you are about to stray. Will you take heed?  I know I will.


Popular Posts