What is my destiny?

God created us all with a purpose. Some to sing, some to dance, some to go through struggles to be able to help others with their testimony, etc. Most people don't know their destiny. Heck a lot of people don't believe in God or have a relationship with Him to discern what He intended for them to do with their lives. I have been very fortunate to always have a love for young children. And the fact that they always loved me back was a plus. But having a child with a special need showed me that even though I cared deeply for little kids, I truly loved being a caregiver and supporting children with different abilities. If it weren't for my son I don't think I would have realized it on my own. If it weren't for certain people coming into and being removed from my life, I don't know if I would be on this journey that I am on to improve my child's communication, learning and social skills by treating him holistically.

The road hasn't been easy by any means. Seems as if when I start something that shows significant signs of improvement, it only lasts a few days if that. For instance just Monday I noticed that after giving Jordan fiber once 11 days ago to try and keep him relatively calm at school, the spasms were still coming regularly. I noticed they returned the next day and figured because of the cold he had come down with his body just was is such a disarray that it didn't handle it properly so I discontinued it. But because after almost 2 weeks they were still present, I increased his Super Nu Thera vitamins to 6 tablets so he could get 62% of the magnesium he needed to help them go away. I found if given in access fiber can stop the body from getting the proper nutrients it needs. The day of the increase he was calm, no vocal or physical stimming and even well behaved at school. I thought that the upped dosage would keep him good at least a week or so, but he was right back at it the next day. Seems like he becomes immune to things way to fast.

Back to the reason for this post. Because of the burden I have inside me to get my son as typical as he can get, I continue on with treatment because I know there are still issues within his body that can be fixed. Having a child that is different from the masses had shown me that my family can't worship the same as them. It led me to want to start a ministry that I found out was already in place. Once I joined and started working with children like my own, I understood what I was here for. To help parents with children such as mine receive the word while their child is carefully watched after. But it doesn't stop there. It has been placed on my heart to do more. Now if God is calling me to do what I am in the works to start, I should have no worries about my future. Yet here I am, wanting to get out of the country.....permanently. At first I wanted to go once all options had been exhausted for Jordan and my youngest had graduated from high school. That changed to 10 years from now. As of yesterday I want to be gone after tax season. Why the shortened time frames you ask? Look around, check the news, go online. People like me aren't safe on the streets. There is so much going on in front of us it scares me to know what happens that we don't hear about. I am exhausted and at the same time traumatized. I am so afraid when my husband walks out the door and has to do so much driving and enter strangers homes multiple times a day. Numbers 6:24 "The Lord bless you and keep you;" I keep him covered at all costs. But if we are destined by God and it hasn't come to completion, then I should have no worries right? I'm sure Terence Crutcher had a destiny. Sandra Bland did too. Trayvon Martin, Tamir Rice, Philando Castile, Alton Sterling, Eric Garner, Korryn Gaines, Oscar Grant, Keith Childress, Bettie Jones, Kevin Matthews, Michael Noel, Jamar Clark, Freddie Gray, Jordan Davis. The list goes on and on.

Reading these names and hearing their stories are a tough pill to swallow. I have an African son who is autistic. Nonverbal and disobedient. Will he join that group. We have to have the faith God will provide for and cover our families but we also have to get the word out to as many people as possible. Have you noticed the more the world has strayed away from God the more trials and tribulations is has had? We can heal the land. Which is why my church is holding a 40 day Global Surrender fast to do so. People all over the globe can participate and it starts September 26th and goes until November 4th. As I was beginning to hear about the fast I was a little concerned about what we were to give up. When we started DDS class back up two Mondays ago that I am an ATF in, the facilitator of the class shared her mother had an aneurysm and was sleep for 3 days. When she awoke she said she saw the book of life. God gave her another chance and said we need to turn the TV off. When we started bible study back up that following Tuesday I was teaching and didn't get to see it. I also didn't get the cd before I left but a clip posted by a member, a 2 minute clip out of a 30 minute service, shared we need to turn off the TV. That was my confirmation on what to give up for the fast. That along with social media I will be abstaining from for 40 days. It came at the worse timing. Football season just started. But hey, when the Lord calls you answer. I tell you one thing, if it gets to bad here and I have the money......I'm out.

1 Peter 2:9  But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special  people, that you may proclaim the praises of him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

Popular Posts