A routine interrupted

This entry was supposed to be typed with pictures and scriptures, completed and posted early this morning; but as the title says I got interrupted. Hey it happens. In my mind I was getting my words together before I even opened the page. When I was all ready to start writing I paused to think of a title. A routine interrupted was perfect, but it also sounded like a good title for a book. From there I opened my word document to fix the latest book I had been working on to fit the name. I managed to get an intro, a new first chapter and adjusting the next two chapters to share the same format as the new title. While doing that I had stop and address the issue of my daughter trying to come home this weekend from school. Interruption after interruption is usually what my days consist of. But the interruption this morning led me to want to blog and that led me to change the direction of my new book. This was a disruption I didn't mind having.

After Jordan gets dressed in the morning he comes down to spend some time on his tablet before he sits down to eat. He carries it in the kitchen and places it on the counter while drinking his supplements. Then goes off until breakfast is ready. Then he sets it off to the side while eating until he is done. Then he plays whatever game or watches whatever show until the bus comes. However, this morning his dad woke up early because he will have a busy day at work. Dad doesn't allow for any electronics to go toward the kitchen or dining room area, well not unnecessarily. So Jordan didn't get to follow his usual routine which didn't sit to well with him. He whined and when I noticed his t-shirt wasn't on him properly, he wasn't to anxious to put it back on the right way and took quite some time to do so. He even fell out on the floor briefly. While he was eating I had to sit with him because he was so busy trying to be destructive that he was wasting a lot of time and had the possibility of missing the bus if I didn't keep him focused. That kept me from doing what I normally do when he's eating. So while I was sitting there with him I had a chance to think about everything that had just transpired.

When Jordan's routine is altered, sometimes it bothers him and sometimes it doesn't. He is an easy going kid at times. I guess it depends on the reason why his pattern is being changed that determines his reaction. This morning's deferment was definitely not something that pleased him. A lot of times when plans change for him, it's because his dad feels what he is doing is not needed. I on the other hand pick and choose my battles with Jordan. Going against his wishes is not something I would do on a school day because you just may be setting the tone for him to have disruptive day in class. I try to avoid those at all costs. Dad's mentality is the total opposite. No is no. Doesn't matter the ramifications or who has to deal with them, which 100% of the time is me. So while dad is outside preparing for his work day after telling Jordan to leave his tablet be, I deal with the whining, crying, ripping of papers and whatever else Jordan needs to do to help cope. This angered me a little, although my anger was short lived. There was no point in being upset about something that has already happened. Now is the time to address the issue I am now faced with. Which is the fact that I am concerned about the level of fear Jordan has of his father. Even though he was outwardly bothered this morning, there are times that he is disciplined by dad and doesn't exude any emotion from it. If I do the same I get rebelled against. It's almost as if there is this immeasurable amount of fear when it comes to his dad. No one should have a fear like that of anything or anyone except God. And even He doesn't have such a commanding, controlling fear over us. He gives us His precepts and we have the freewill to choose what we desire. We just have to deal with the consequences of our actions. So much better than being scared into doing or not doing something.

Anyway, all those thoughts came from the brief interruption in my morning. Even though I had to deal with a little attitude from Jordan, it was worth it. I'm thankful my husband was the way he was this morning because it opened another door obviously God wanted me to go through. It allowed me to look more into an issue I have and think about the proper way to handle it and at the same time brought to the forefront of my mind the fear we all should have in God that can keep us all on the straight and narrow. Matthew 7:14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." This brief disturbance also gave me the inspiration to continue my next book which has been in the works for quite some time but hit stumbling blocks over and over because of the point of view I was coming from. I don't come into the experiences often enough to write a book about them. But everyday our life is interrupted by something. Whether is be as small as a phone call or as big as our main vehicle breaking down. I will always have material to write about because my routine will always be interrupted.

Popular Posts