More Randomness

1 John 5:3-5
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. 
And His commandments are not burdensome. 
4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. 
And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.
  5 Who is he who overcomes the world, 
but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

Hey family! Isn't God awesome? With the Labor day weekend approaching that means we have gotten 2 weeks of school out of the way. I'm really looking forward to this 3 day vacation. I feel, and happy it's been decided, that the children should return to school after Labor day. Not only because of the time I get to spend with them, but also because it's less time they are out in the cold world we live in. I don't want them to be blind to what's going on, yet, I hate for them to have to know it. Part of me is relieved that Jordan is oblivious to the 3 strikes on his back; black, male and autistic. But his lack of understanding is what could be his downfall if something serious were to ever happen. I don't have plans to place Jordan in any type of group home when he gets older. It's great to allow children to gain some independence and I don't think negatively upon those parents that choose to do so. But I have the hardest time sending him to school because of how our kids are treated, let alone putting him in someone else's care when he becomes older. People tend to have less patience when it comes to an adult. I will never say never, I will just leave it in God's hands when the time comes.

Let's try this again
Speaking of sending Jordan to school he has been back and he only missed two days that he didn't even have to miss. Last thing I shared was that I was waiting to get the form back from his doctor stating that he couldn't be vaccinated because of medical concerns. However, the email response wasn't what I was expecting. She said because of a push back that normally comes with opting out of keeping your child's immunizations up to date due to adverse reactions it would be better to sign under the religious beliefs section. I did and returned it to the school, but was very nervous about the outcome. I tried to keep the Serenity Prayer in the front of my mind. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. My husband suggested I learn it because, yes, this was out of my control. However, I needed to be prepared to take the necessary steps to resolve what I couldn't control if it were not a positive result. I think that's where my anxiety came in. It's hard to not worry about what you can't control when you have to deal with the repercussions. Either way I let go and was informed by the school, after I called to get an update on the status, that the health department accepted the form and he was able to return back to school. And for the most part he is behaving as he should with minor incidents. All is well now. He is back on the bus with no problems and this should make for the best year since starting middle school.

Got to celebrate the small stuff
After starting the newest supplements pho, coconut oil and the new gaba I have seen a few differences in Jordan. Mainly his ability to focus. He does his homework well but only in the mornings. When I tried to have him complete it in the evening he seems to be thrown off by not following the routine of doing morning work, but I am working hard to change that habit. Trying to get him to make his bed every morning is coming along. He made it Wednesday, I didn't check yesterday but today he did not. His stimming has seemed to change from jumping to running. He will run and sit in the same spot over and over again until I tell him to walk. He spends way to much time on his tablet watching the chipmunks. Of course he doesn't watch it in it's entirety, but will rewind one part over and over again so much that while he's gone that one part plays over and over in my mind as if he's still here. So for the most part the most notable changes I see are at school and the fact that he is taking his supplements, minus the fiber, and is being mostly well behaved at school. I couldn't be happier with how things are going right now as far as he is concerned. This weekend I would like for him to partake with us in enjoying some burgers and hot dogs from the grill, but I have always been concerned about the residue from the charcoal contaminating his food and therefore his sensitive system. The jury is still out on that one. 

Hope you all have a wonderful and peaceful holiday weekend. I sure will.

Popular Posts