Back to school and vaccinations

Here comes that time of the year that most parents long for. I on the other hand, do not like waking up at the crack of dawn to wake up my kids to go to school. When I was in elementary we had to be to school at 9. My daughter has to be to school at 7:45. I'm not feeling it. Not only that but now is the time where I will also be home alone. In addition to my youngest going back, my first born will be headed back to college. I won't have the joy of her antics throughout the day. While it does give me time to start back on cleaning this humongous house on a regular basis and working out again, it's just not the same without all of them here with me. I also might have the pleasure of dealing with Jordan and his antics at school again. Not looking forward to that at all. Here's to the new supplement that will be added that may help with it that I will talk about next time. This post is about something else. Immunizations.

As I go on with my errands each and every day, I pass by plenty of schools, signs and I even get phone calls about making sure your child is immunized for the upcoming school year. I believe they are very important to an extent. All of my children have had their vaccinations. I even allowed my oldest to receive her meningococcal for college. Do I think it's necessary, no but I went through with it anyway. Jordan on the other hand was to receive 3 vaccines. I am leery about him getting shots because of his history with them. I remember his leg swelling up after one and of course there is the one that gave him a "measles" type of rash and after a couple of days, with no treatments mind you, just up and vanished. So yeah, I'm not for it with him. Plus because of all the work we have done to get him to where he is with his lead levels and building up his system I don't want to see anything revert. It's been 7 years and I refuse to go backward. With that being said they, the shots, weren't out of the question. Because it is state regulation and he attends a public school, I need to comply. I was willing to have him have the vaccinations under the care of his DAN! doctor. It was possible to do so, but she would have rather not. Her advice was to contact the school to see how strict they were going to be about it. The school informed me they just needed a note which I provided to them from her. I haven't heard anything back from them so hopefully all is good. But we didn't stop there. The doctor recommended we have something done called titers. Titers is a vaccine test to measure the level of antibodies in the bloodstream. If the levels are satisfactory the person is considered to have protective antibody and sufficiently immune to the disease. We have done the titers and he is safe.

I can totally understand why people are in an uproar about not wanting to have their child around another that is not vaccinated. Some may not be educated about it all. My outlook is if their child is vaccinated they should be just fine, why worry about whether someone else's child is or not. But there is that percent chance. Which is why if I wasn't to get my child vaccinated, I would take the steps to get the titers done. People in my family aren't the only ones that have to exist. We do have an obligation to our community as well as others to not spread harmful things to others when it can be avoided. Luke 6:31 "And just as want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise." It's almost like allowing someone to use a utensil after you when you know you're sick and they aren't. It's something that could be avoided, so do what you can to avoid it. Anti-vaccers really have it rough and the problem with society is everyone looks at everything their way and never consider someone else's view. Which is one of the reasons we are in such a state of decline. Since my doctor has educated me on the testing that can be done so I can know if my son can carry the disease or not, I can now make a more educated decision on whether or not he should receive them. If he were not immune, I would have him vaccinated under her care to make sure he will remain healthy and not suffer any setbacks. This is information that all people should be aware of. It's a shame that it's not easily shared with families because they would rather pump them full of unnecessary elements because of financial gain. Unfortunately that's just the way of the world. But knowing what I know I will educate as many as I can. I know a lot of you out there who read are parents of a child with Autism and may want a way out of having your child vaccinated. Well here you go.

I hope all of you have a successfully first day of school in the next coming weeks. If your child is already back in school I pray that all IEP's, transportations, teachers and aids and all therapies go accordingly. This is one of the most difficult times for special needs parents because of the fight they have to put up to make sure their child is getting the services they need. I know it's a difficult road but I'm traveling it with you so you are never alone. God Bless!


Popular Posts